Dark Phoenix and Godzilla King of the Monsters

Guest El Chalupacabra

Several reviews that I've read compare Dark Phoenix to X3, seemingly unaware that there's an underlying story that both are failing to adapt.

As for Godzilla, I don't think you see a Godzilla movie because of the reviews.

I've long said that I never expected X-Men to actually exist onscreen as a kid, and that the movies are a gift, even the terrible ones. This is the first one I'm passing on. It's Fox's last x-film, made before the Disney merger, but released after. It's already known that Deadpool will be the centerpoint of the X-films via a soft reboot, so it's like this one doesn't matter.

The fact that it's the second time they've tried to adapt this story without any of the nuance that made it one of the biggest stories from the comics is sad-- the fact that this mess and X3 were both written by Simon Kinberg is questionable. How does he get to try again after X3?

There's been exactly one good screen version of Dark Phoenix and they should let it be forever.

The 90s cartoon is superior to any of the movies.

Partially.

Simon Kinberg wrote both, but Ratner directed X3. Kinberg directed this one, one of his first directing jobs. But he also wrote Days of Future Past. Overall, he's made a career out of writing big action movies, most of them being crappy, at least in my opinion. But I'm sure his movies have made a lot of money, certainly more than anything I've written.

It's interesting that DoFP started a new timeline, but the Phoenix origin is completely different and shouldn't have been altered.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.