Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Batman

11 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
DC seems to be righting the ship with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Is The Batman going to follow suit or not?

Sounds like Pattinson is in, and I think he'll do well.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,429 posts
How many people will groan and crap all over it before even seeing it, maybe not even give it a chance, simply because “oh God it’s the sparkly vampire playing Batman now”?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts
It happened when he was just rumored for the role.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
He'll always be Cedric Diggory to me.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,542 posts
I think we're far enough away from Twilight for people to be that upset.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
So far it hasn't been as bad as the Affleck blow-up.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,429 posts

So has the idea for this movie been changed? I'm just wondering because originally this was going to be Ben Affleck in the role. He's 13 years older than Pattinson. Was his age going to be ignored and he was going to play the same Batman? Or are they changing it up to fit a younger actor in the role?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts
I dont think even Warner knows.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
Or does his age even matter? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises are the only Batman movies I can think of where his age was an issue.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,429 posts

You kind of answered your own question. It depends on the story they are telling. I thought I had read that Affleck's movie was going to be the grizzled veteran Batman who has been through the wars, a la Dark Knight Returns. Not necessarily that comic story, but that characterization. A continuation of what we saw in JL where Robin is dead and he is at the end of his rope with all this. Would they go down that same path with Pattinson?

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,306 posts
R Patz playing the Batz?

He cant do worse than George Clooney
  • Brando +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
That was my thought. Although to be fair, even Uma Thurman couldn’t do anything with that movie.
  • Odine +1 this

Reply to this topic