The ever loving hell

Metropolis

Just received a text from my wife saying that someone called the cops threatening to shoot up a school. The cops pinged the cell and reached it to downtown Tampa where he's is the closest school. They are on lockdown and luckily the police department is around the corner. I'm getting out of work early, but they won't be let out until the guy is caught. The cops know who the guy is and he is a convicted felon.

Not too many times a guy feels completely helpless.

They just caught the guy. Thank God. They've been on lockdown since 11:30. The school didn't tell them why! One of her student's parents text her. Do you not trust your teachers enough to tell them at the very least? Whatever I'm just glad nothing happened. I can't wait to see what the deal with this guy is.

She's livid that they didn't tell them what it was about. The school is downtown so they get locked down for anything that happens in a five Mile radius because of their proximity to a lot of public venues. The courthouse, city hall, University of Tampa, Amelie Arena, etc. So they are used to it. What they aren't used to is a possible direct threat to the school. If there is a danger to her students she wants to know so she can handle the kids properly.

Oh man. I know what you mean. We went on lockdown a few days before this weekend because a local theater had a guy threatening to kill himself while the opera was practicing. We are just a few blocks from it so to keep the kids from running into any emergency responders because they couldn't figure out what the guy was trying to kill himself with we locked down. Fortunately it was over once the guy gave up.

I am sorry that happened to you and your wife.

• 2 months later...

Let's take a tally of what's gone in school in only it's 3rd week.

- A high school kid was arrested for setting a fire in a bathroom. He did it was a joke. The cops said haha and charged him as an adult.

- three kids have been arrested for threatening too shoot up schools in social media.

- one kid was arrested for bringing a gun to school to show to his friends.

- a school was put into lockdown after a car was hit with a bb from some teens shooting of their bb guns across the street

- a guy was arrested after telling his girlfriend he was wanted to shoot up a school. Girlfriend turned him in.

God forbid anyone learn a lesson.

My family and I went through a similar situation just the other night, not a school threat though. However my whole street was locked down and military apparel/equipped swat was everywhere. Gas grenades and flash bangs were used even. Fortunately the police got the perp before he got them or anyone else. The perp did stab a police K-9 with a sword though, before he was then taken out. Crazy night.

All I want is sweet sweet air conditioning and maybe a superintendent that remembers he chose a super early school open date and didn't hire any support staff so four schools in my district had no hot lunches or breakfasts and no janitors to take out trash and clean. Otherwise super uneventful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.