BBC Earth shows

Got my wife Planet Earth and Planet Earth 2 for Mother's Day, but we haven't opened them yet.

The kids were out of control so I put on Frozen Planet tonight and I'm amazed by how beautiful it is. My son was a little upset when wolves took down a baby bison, but it's good to be traumatized at a young age.

Yeah, Frozen Planet is on Netflix, which is what we watched tonight. I didn't want to open my wife's copies of Planet Earth without asking her first, and I just needed to do something to get the kids to stop being crazy.

The kids went to two different parties today, so they were full of sugar and excitement. Fortunately the television is a fairly rare thing, so they were mesmerized by it and couldn't even manage to run around and make noise.

I probably only got to hear 50% of it, because I was constantly being asked about everything, but the visuals are amazing. I'm super excited to finally get to Planet Earth 2 since it's in 4K and will look even more spectacular. Not sure when that'll happen, again, it's the wife's so she has to decide.

They're amazing!

Though we watched one the other night and I was crying cause the mother seal could only watch as a polar bear went off with her cub in its maw. The mother seals face was so sad. Just watching her offspring be taken away for dinner. I think its because my wife being pregnant and about to become a father I've gone super soft around anything to do with parenthood, children and stuff be them human or animal. That would never have bothered me in the past but for some reason I really identified with that mother seal and her mournful eyes

There's a handbook, but it's entirely blank.

But a word of advice: the newborn stage is really hard, but it'll get better. You just need to keep everyone alive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.