Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Terminator: Dark Fate

31 replies to this topic

Jedigoat

Jedigoat

Is this it?

• 14,198 posts

So Furlong is in this?  Just a bit part or does anyone know if he plays a larger role?

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts

Bit part from what I've heard. Single scene, a communique from John Conner.

Jedigoat

Jedigoat

Is this it?

• 14,198 posts

They should just not bother.  Maybe it will make sense.  But if the story has little or nothing to do with him, just leave him out.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,446 posts
https://youtu.be/o-3_aTo8sTM

This feels like a soft reboot similar to TFA where they remake the first film but still use the original characters. So it is a quasi-reboot? A requel?

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,437 posts

I don't really see the similarities to the first one but I can see them with Judgement Day. I don't necessarily think this will be good but it does look like it could be the best of the post T2 movies. Though I'll admit for me, a large part of that is because Cameron is back on board.  

I like that they are moving away from the John Connor stuff and looking to focus on a new protagonist. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
Seeing Josh Friedman's name in the credits is interesting, he ran TSCC. That show dealt a lit with alternate timelines--

It would be cool, and I think the trailers imply it, that they might acknowledge that all the different iterations we've seen of Terminator are in fact different timelines.

Jedigoat

Jedigoat

Is this it?

• 14,198 posts

SPOILERS!!

Anyone see this yet?  Thoughts?  I saw it Saturday, in an IMAX screening, with around 20 people.

Decent, I guess.  Interesting choices with John's fate, Skynet's fate, Arnie going from a Terminator to a robot who just wants to chill and raise a family.  How many T800s are out in the world still looking for John, even after he's gone?  How many has Sarah destroyed?

The new Terminator can use technology and locate the group within seconds.  I understand how, but it makes it almost too convenient.  Almost as if the new Terminator just shows up.

Some of the action seemed to rely to much on CGI and I got bored.  Maybe I'm just old because my kids loved it.

Reply to this topic