Terminator: Dark Fate

captainbleh

• 2 months later...

I don't really see the similarities to the first one but I can see them with Judgement Day. I don't necessarily think this will be good but it does look like it could be the best of the post T2 movies. Though I'll admit for me, a large part of that is because Cameron is back on board.

I like that they are moving away from the John Connor stuff and looking to focus on a new protagonist.

Seeing Josh Friedman's name in the credits is interesting, he ran TSCC. That show dealt a lit with alternate timelines--

It would be cool, and I think the trailers imply it, that they might acknowledge that all the different iterations we've seen of Terminator are in fact different timelines.

• 1 month later...

SPOILERS!!

Anyone see this yet? Thoughts? I saw it Saturday, in an IMAX screening, with around 20 people.

Decent, I guess. Interesting choices with John's fate, Skynet's fate, Arnie going from a Terminator to a robot who just wants to chill and raise a family. How many T800s are out in the world still looking for John, even after he's gone? How many has Sarah destroyed?

The new Terminator can use technology and locate the group within seconds. I understand how, but it makes it almost too convenient. Almost as if the new Terminator just shows up.

Some of the action seemed to rely to much on CGI and I got bored. Maybe I'm just old because my kids loved it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.