Terminator: Dark Fate

captainbleh

Terminator is like the X-Men for me. I'll even go see the obvious terrible ones... but this one looks decent!

Yeah, but so did T3, Salvation, and Genisys...in the previews. This looks like dumb fun. Probably the only thing it really has going for it is Linda Hamilton. But I know I'll watch this, too.

I thought 3 and Genesys looked like crap, and WERE crap. Salvation I have a soft spot for.

T1 is T1

T2 is the future of T1.

From T2, the time line splits.

From the theatrical ending you get T3.

From the extended ending, you get Dark Fate.

From the alternate event of them failing to fully destroy Dyson's work you get TSCC.

Salvation is set in the future leading up to the events that lead to the T-800 and Reese being sent back to T1.

Skynet, recognizing there are multiple times where it loses, tries a different tactic than trying to kill Sarah or John in the past, and instead tries to stop the initial incursion that sends Reese back. This results in T1's events being re-written in Genesys.

Is it just me, or were those CGI effects sub-par AF? It was the first thing I noticed when watching it and mentioned it to my partner. It also looks like a mess. I'll still go and see it, but it really looks like they rushed out that trailer with effects that weren't fully finished. Someone tell Hollywood that the EA/ubisoft method of releasing games before they're finished does not translate well to movie trailers, where you're trying to impress us.

Its pointless to work out any kind of continuity because the franchise breaks its own in-universe rules from movie to movie. They even change the way time itself works too-so how can you work out how and why things happen?

The terminator movies stopped making sense after T2, which only sort of made sense. Still great movie though, IMO. T3 was okay-ish, the rest I didnt care for. The Sarah Connor Chronicles I never watched.

I want to get excited for this, but Im having difficulty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.