New movie dates

It's hard to say-- deals can take months to put together and you never know where in the process they are when they announce it. Things can be super hush hush. I bet they have scripts for the Yoda and Obi-Wan movies at least. They could sit on scripts for ages without bringing on top line talent.

They could fast track production and be shooting and done within a year, but the FX on a Star Wars movie take at least two years.

• 4 months later...

I dunno how I feel about it. Feige is great at what he does and has a lot of respect for the source material so no I've got no doubts about his intentions. I also suspect he is at a point with Marvel where, not right now but soon, he is ready to move on. He has made it clear before his true love is actually Star Wars so it makes sense he'd want to move to that playground.

At the same time it's obviously a push from Disney and not Lucasfilm. They're setting up Kennedy's eventual replacement and I wouldn't be surprised if they put Feige in the role in the next five years.

I hope so too. They still have plenty of projects coming out set during the saga, but I'd love for them to just go ahead in time a century or two and start clean.

Remember how TNG felt when it first cane out? It was Star Trek, but completely new.

I guess SW kinda did it with all the Old Republic stuff-- but going backwards always makes for retcons.

Just push ahead.

The first thing that came to my head was oh oh, another white male. The article almost suggested that Kennedy is only in her role because she was chosen by Lucas before he sold to Disney. Whatever one feels about that I do agree this looks like a move to get Feige into Kennedys role eventually. I think they are looking at him to lead the saga into the streaming service age as they will concentrate more on that platform as opposed to just putting out a movie every few years.

Marvel's had a few female writers, not directors. One black director, two black leads. One female led film. They were in Phase 3 before there was anything other than a white dude in fro t of and behind the camera.

Star Wars has done marginally better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.