New movie dates

December 2022, 2024, and 2026.

I'll probably be checking them out streaming in June 2023, 2025, and 2027.

It does seem like one of those 2 series has been either cancelled or put on hold long enough where it is just as good as cancelled for now. That is unless that release schedule is incomplete and there are more movies that will be made.

Nah-- projects can be in development, going through drafts, preliminary drafting, and location scouting, and all sorts of stuff for years without the public knowing anything is happening.

A script alone can go through a couple of development drafts in a year. Both the GOT guys and Johnson's projects were announced in early 2019.

Nah-- projects can be in development, going through drafts, preliminary drafting, and location scouting, and all sorts of stuff for years without the public knowing anything is happening.

A script alone can go through a couple of development drafts in a year. Both the GOT guys and Johnson's projects were announced in early 2019.

Johnson's was announced before TLJ was released, it was like October of 2017 it was announced.

I get that projects can go through a long process, not denying that. But if we assume those 3 announced release dates are all for the same series. Then in reality the very earliest the other series could commence is 2027, that is 8 years from now. I understand that it can take that long to make certain movies, hell look at Avatar, but the fact that the movie isn't even scheduled for 8 years means something. Johnson nor the Thrones guys are gonna not make anything else for 8 years, at least i doubt it. So many things can happen in that space of time, so many variables that to me a movie not scheduled to be made, especially the first movie in a series, for 8 years is unlikely to ever appear.

The Benioff/Weiss project hasn't been confirmed as to what it is. People keep saying it's a trilogy, but if you read the announcement, it just says "a series of films". I'm kind of hoping it'll be a mini-series of feature length episodes, but they said films, so it could be anything from a two-parter movie like Infinity War/Endgame to a full 9-movie saga, depending on how well it does. We won't know until they announce it, so the next few years are going to be interesting for Star Wars.

Johnson's was announced before TLJ was released, it was like October of 2017 it was announced.

I get that projects can go through a long process, not denying that. But if we assume those 3 announced release dates are all for the same series. Then in reality the very earliest the other series could commence is 2027, that is 8 years from now. I understand that it can take that long to make certain movies, hell look at Avatar, but the fact that the movie isn't even scheduled for 8 years means something. Johnson nor the Thrones guys are gonna not make anything else for 8 years, at least i doubt it. So many things can happen in that space of time, so many variables that to me a movie not scheduled to be made, especially the first movie in a series, for 8 years is unlikely to ever appear.

Typo-- meant early 2017.

But the point remains, things can take years to develop. It was 3 years from the time I was hired to write my last movie before it started shooting. And that was a low budget horror film, not a 200 million dollar franchise mainstay where the effects sequences alone can take over a year to put together.

And I dont think one should assume the three announced films are a trilogy. If you look at the first three films released by Disney two were part of a trilogy, one was stand alone.

There's no evidence to say either way what these films are or who is making them. They could be one each the start of a new trilogy with a stand alone in between, they could be a single trilogy, they could all be stand alone.

I know for a fact Lucasfilm has a dozen concepts in development. Odds are they may not even know what the back two releases are yet.

I feel like the Fett movie rumours stemmed from people seeing the production for The Mandalorian and not realising that Boba isn't the only person to wear Mandalorian armour and a T-visor helmet in the SW galaxy. Having said that, I've heard some theories that The Mandalorian will be revealed as Fett at some point during the series, or that Fett wil show up at some point. I hope he isn't Fett, and given that the footage had Pedro Pascal not speaking in a pseudo-New Zealand accent, I don't think he will be.

As for the rest, an Obi-Wan movie would be the best received I think, but only if they get Ewan back for it. I'm really hoping the B&W series will be set in the Old Republic, way before the Clone Wars, it seems like they'd do well showing us the political side of things or the descent in to corruption that created the conditions for Palpatine to rise.

One of the reasons that Marvel didn't announce anything is because they want to avoid potential spoilers for Endgame. Could be possible LFL is doing the same for RoS.

I get it. I definitely want to know more about Star Wars AND Marvel, but Ive found the older I get, the easier it is to be patient. Maybe because time seems to be moving faster as I come closer and closer to the sweet release of death.

Either way, Im looking more forward to Rians films than B&W. I think hes a much more capable filmmaker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.