Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Movies you're embarrassed about?

88 replies to this topic

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,414 posts
Sure it could. Just swap out with a minority kid and a ln old white man.

Mr. Winch

Mr. Winch

Be Mad. It Helps.

• 3,225 posts

Either Tango & Cash or The Last Boy Scout. That switch from the end of the 80s to the start of the 90s was a confusing time.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,398 posts

I’ve thought about The Toy before. It deals with race relations and the way the system is rigged against minorities. Yes it’s over the top and you can’t do certain things anymore (the white kid actually “buys” Pryor and they ship him in a crate to the house.) But the film’s message is relevant now more than ever.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,394 posts
God damn did I want the kid's bedroom.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,398 posts

I think everyone watching that as a kid did. Hell I still do. Except for that boxing robot.  :no:

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,030 posts
I wanted the pool house from the Legend of Billy Jean. Also, while I havent seen that since I was a kid, from what I remember of the plot, I think that the film would sit well with modern culture. It deals with an exploitive old dude ripped right out of the #metoo movement, then the heroine and her friends go on a real Robin Hood adventure mixed with a lot of coming of age drama.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,133 posts

So, is this thread about movies you like/love, but are embarrassed to admit to anybody?  If that is the case, then here is my list.

The list is blank.

• Good God a Bear +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,789 posts
Or movies that you used to like that make you think "what was I thinking?"

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,824 posts

Honestly, AOTC is still one of my favorite SW films.

• El Chalupacabra +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,394 posts
WTF HOW
  • Ms. Spam, DANA-kin Skywalker and Kyrian +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,789 posts
Traumatic brain injury that made her forget other movies exist?

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,394 posts
I don't just think AOTC is the worst SW movie, I feel like it's literally one of the worst movies ever made.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,824 posts

:shrug:

Some combination of nostalgia for my life at the time the movie came out, 20 year-old-me's love for Hayden Christensen, the feeling I get whenever all the lightsabers begin igniting in the crowds on Geonosis, the ridiculously cheesy dialog, the girl-power-ness of seeing Padme handling **** while Anakin was still whining about them, and the giddiness of seeing Yoda bounce around while fighting. I'm not saying those are good things by any means, but it still makes it one of my favorites to watch. 

I do not admit this outside of this forum and the sanctity of my marriage though...

• Tank, Ms. Spam, Kyrian and 1 other +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,789 posts
It's ok. I hold the very unpopular opinion that TPM is the best prequel movie.
  • Ms. Spam, captainbleh and El Chalupacabra +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

wearing out welcome since 2009

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

I don't just think AOTC is the worst SW movie, I feel like it's literally one of the worst movies ever made.

One person's AOTC is another person's TLJ!  

And BTW, AOTC's space scene of Obi Wan VS Jango, and the following Kamino Obi Wan VS Jango are some of the best Star Wars scenes ever, IMHO.  

It's ok. I hold the very unpopular opinion that TPM is the best prequel movie.

While I can't agree,  I do think it does have one of the greatest Star Wars duels, ever.  

TPM would have worked better as Episode 0 or a spin off movie.

Traumatic brain injury that made her forget other movies exist?

I wish I had one of those to forget TLJ exists.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,380 posts

I know it isn't good, but I actually kind of enjoy the Final Frontier. More than Insurrection or Nemesis, which I barely even remember.

• Brando and zambingo +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

What?  How can you forget Data and Picard singing the HMS Pinafor?  That's some good chit, Maynard.  :hmm:

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,414 posts
It's all about the God of Sha Ka Ree.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

But....why does the tall man have a furry face?

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,398 posts

Beastmaster. 

The first few times when I'd see Coming to America I'd think, there's Seth from Beastmaster! It's been so long since Beastmaster that it's the opposite now. I can't see John Amos as anyone but Cleo McDowell. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,394 posts
Can we include TV shows? I finally tried The IT Crowd and have to say I do not get why everyone loves it. I felt really embarrassed watching it.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,030 posts
I figured the IT Crowd was similar to some aspects of Twin Peaks. There appears to be an intentional effort to have borderline horrid acting coupled with ridiculousness. When I first watched them, both shows took a bit of getting used to for me, because of that apparent intention. That said, I totally love Twin Peaks, but yeah... it is tough to recommend to normies.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,789 posts
Has anybody said Hell Fest yet? Or H*** Fest as Target has it listed, right below a picture that has the name spelled out?
  • Tank +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

Can we include TV shows? I finally tried The IT Crowd and have to say I do not get why everyone loves it. I felt really embarrassed watching it.

I like it, but not in love with it.  I normally HATE sit-coms (or Brit humor, for that matter), but considering I work in that industry, it is funny  to me at times.  It's good for a binge watch or two, and that's about it.  Sort of like Office Space or the Office for people who work in, well, an office.   If I didn't work around tech, I probably wouldn't like IT Crowd, either. 

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

It felt very British to me. Faulty Towers awkward. 

Reply to this topic