Movies you're embarrassed about?

I’ve thought about The Toy before. It deals with race relations and the way the system is rigged against minorities. Yes it’s over the top and you can’t do certain things anymore (the white kid actually “buys” Pryor and they ship him in a crate to the house.) But the film’s message is relevant now more than ever.

I wanted the pool house from the Legend of Billy Jean. Also, while I havent seen that since I was a kid, from what I remember of the plot, I think that the film would sit well with modern culture. It deals with an exploitive old dude ripped right out of the #metoo movement, then the heroine and her friends go on a real Robin Hood adventure mixed with a lot of coming of age drama.

:shrug:

Some combination of nostalgia for my life at the time the movie came out, 20 year-old-me's love for Hayden Christensen, the feeling I get whenever all the lightsabers begin igniting in the crowds on Geonosis, the ridiculously cheesy dialog, the girl-power-ness of seeing Padme handling shit while Anakin was still whining about them, and the giddiness of seeing Yoda bounce around while fighting. I'm not saying those are good things by any means, but it still makes it one of my favorites to watch.

I do not admit this outside of this forum and the sanctity of my marriage though...

• 4 weeks later...

I figured the IT Crowd was similar to some aspects of Twin Peaks. There appears to be an intentional effort to have borderline horrid acting coupled with ridiculousness. When I first watched them, both shows took a bit of getting used to for me, because of that apparent intention. That said, I totally love Twin Peaks, but yeah... it is tough to recommend to normies.

Has anybody said Hell Fest yet? Or H*** Fest as Target has it listed, right below a picture that has the name spelled out?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.