Movies you're embarrassed about?

It's funny that in American Pie, the pie ****ing scene is only memorable because it showed how to parent in an awkward situation.

I like all the American Pie movies. I haven't seen the straight to DVD movies. Even though the last two were panned, I thought they had heart and were more relatable than the first two.

I am not embarrassed by liking the movie, but I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so much the VHS tape broke and I had to buy another copy. I recently watched it I think it is the best comic book/ superhero movie of all time.

The only problem is that I watched it on streaming so I didn't get the Pizza Hut commercial.

In showing the kid all my childhood favorites, most went over pretty well. One that did not, and was super embarrassing was Adventures in Babysitting.

To quote the kid: "Why is every black person in this movie a car thief or in a jazz band?"

He's not wrong.

What are your thoughts on the Scream sequels, Tank? I still love (and just watched) the original. I watched 4 and it just didn't have any heart. It was like the writers knew what it was like to be young in the 90s, but just had read Facebook posts complaining about the kids today.

2 was good, if not great, and 3 is just a mess.

Ranking them: 1, 2, 4, 3.

So is Scream like Friends? As in, if you watched it when it came out it was awesome and it will always be awesome but if you are just not watching it your like, "wtf if this shit"? I watched it a few months ago for the first time and almost turned it off it was so bad.

But then again, I think 1990 TMNT is the best superhero movie of all time so who am I to talk.

So is Scream like Friends? As in, if you watched it when it came out it was awesome and it will always be awesome but if you are just not watching it your like, "wtf if this ****"? I watched it a few months ago for the first time and almost turned it off it was so bad.

Like all great horror movies, Scream is a product of its time. That's why horror remakes or sequels made years later don't work. The original captures the psyche of the current time it's made in.

I saw the second Austin Powers movie in a full theater with friends and thought it was hilarious at the time, but now I find the character unbearable. I still like some of the other characters and performances though (Liz Hurley is a good foil in the first one).

I'll always love Superman 3. I don't think it's a great movie, but I admire for it being unapologetically daft. Bad Superman is awesome.

My only issue with Flight of The Navigator is the child actor not being that endearing.

(That's made me think of Explorers for some reason. Need to watch that again.)

Highlander is still one of my favorites, mostly for the music and direction.

Same for The Last Starfighter... "What do we do?!"... "We die"

And Beastmaster, but those humanoid bat monster things gave me nightmares.

If I was embarrassed about V (but I only have vague memories of it) then I've have to be embarrassed about lots of other TV shows from the same time, most of which were never made with selling box sets and winning awards in mind.

This might be controversial: Top Gun.

When I watch it now, it's in a mostly mocking way (same for Titanic). The only thing I like about it now is the aerial filming, but at the time I took it completely seriously and I'm wondering how many people thought it was ridiculous at the time. My embarrassment is like someone not realizing that Starship Troopers was a satire.

Generally, things I'm embarrassed about are often because of poor depictions of or exclusion of women and minorities (conscious or unconscious) that I didn't notice or object to at the time (see Tank's post about black people).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.