Movies you're embarrassed about?

Anything you love now or in the past that embarrasses you?

Everybody loved it, but I'm embarrassed of the Austin Powers movies. I even had a Halloween costume.

Christopher Reeves Superman sequels. Probably some of the worst films ever made. They should be on MST3000. They are worse than Snyders DC Films... well, maybe not Justice League and its whole Tolkien rip-off backstory.

Huh. I thought that other than the some of effects that Navigator remained solid. The aged make-up for the parents was, I felt, very well done. And for me the emotions of the story still felt right on, even a bit deeper for me in relation to now identifying with what the parents were going thru.

Makes me wonder if my kids were being polite when they said they liked it when we watch it together. lol I know that my daughter had particularly negative thoughts about Karate Kid, but when I asked her after watching it she was all, yeah, good, whatever. Hmm. I guess I should have clued into the whatever part.

I know that my daughter had particularly negative thoughts about Karate Kid

I'm sorry. Did you at least find a good home for her, or did you just kick her out?

I know that my daughter had particularly negative thoughts about Karate Kid

I'm sorry. Did you at least find a good home for her, or did you just kick her out?

LOL Thank you, that really tickled me. TBH a small part of me might have had a thought like that flash thru my mind. ;-)

I saw Jaws 3 in theaters in 3D. Didn't agree well, but I still like it. Of course I had a Lea Thompson thing back then.

Which brings us to..... Howard the Duck. Yeah I still like it. Maybe I'm just a Dark Overlord of the Universe fan.

I'll defend Superman 2, but 3 and 4 were pretty damn awful back when they were new.

Jaws 3: horrible movie. Embarrassed to say I used to like it.

As a kid I loved Superman 3 and Jaws 3D. I don't care for Jaws anymore, but Supes 3 is still a guilty pleasure. The evil Superman vs Clark throwdown in the junkyard is still pretty awesome.

Superman 3 is cheesy fun.

I'll proudly acknowledge my love for Scream, but they got progressively worse. I thought 4 was on the verge of being good but crapped out at the end. The original inhabits the 90s in a way that a lot of movies from that era don't. So I love it and Can't Hardly Wait for that reason.

Anything you love now or in the past that embarrasses you?

Literally the first sentence.

But I also don't buy that you're embarrassed about something you constantly claim to hate or don't care about. That's like me saying I'm embarrassed of the Kardashians or the NFL.

Anyways, on-topic: I rather enjoyed Man of Steel. I felt it had heart and portrayed the Superman mythos in a way that was at once fresh and familiar. Of course, that was before it was immediately trashed by its awful sequels. I kind of feel weird for liking it because of all the crap it's gotten.

And, I suppose, the Star Wars prequels. Really, I only started to see their flaws after the fact, as everyone pointed them out, and have been a cynical moviegoer ever since. I wish I could recapture that innocence I had before. Still, I enjoy watching them, and I especially love all the excellent EU content they ushered in, exploring new and exciting eras.

Also, I love Spice World. Yes, it's stupid and makes no sense, but dammit, I love the Spice Girls! (And I'm still manly enough to beat up your dad.)

Maybe I'm just trying to stir up an argument:)

I remember watching Spice World back in the 90s. My friend and I watched it twice during the 5 day rental. It was, if I remember, a pretty decent goofball comedy that didn't rely on gags like having sex with baked goods.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.