Who will 3PO and R2 belong to now?

Filthy Jawa

So if I understand it, and you guys often show me that I don't, the droids belonged to Luke. Uncle Owen bought them, they naturally passed down to Luke when he died (although 3PO seemed to think they belonged to Luke from the get go).

With Luke gone, they seemed to be in the custodianship of Leia - makes sense, she's Luke's next of kin so now that he's dead she would be their legal owner.

So what happens if she dies in TROS (we sort of assume she does)? Do they become Kylo Ren's property? Maybe Leia wills all her possessions to her not-son Poe. But man, Kylo could contest that. This could be in the courts for years.

Actually, the Jawas illegally resold them. They belonged to the Alderranian royal family.

If you want to add in the PT lineage and pretend they are a washer and dryer set you see how white trash the SKywalker family is.

Actually, the Jawas illegally resold them. They belonged to the Alderranian royal family.

If you want to add in the PT lineage and pretend they are a washer and dryer set you see how white trash the SKywalker family is.

Well if you are gonna go down that road, did Organa acquire them legally? Anakin created 3PO so he belonged to him. Padme used him but he sitll belonged to Anakin who was alive well after Threepio went into the service of Alderaan. Artoo belonged to Naboo but was serving under Padme who was an official of the government. I'd assume Artoo remained government property though.

So the answer is Threepio is Leia's, they were battling it out in court over who inherited him from Anakin. Artoo still rightfully should belong to the government of Naboo.

Whoa that link is pretty good. The assumption that California statutes should be used to sort this out is a bit faulty, but I suppose it's as good as anything. I mean, most arguments we make assume transfer of property rights is at least somewhat analogous to laws we know here.

The idea that they might both belong to Jabba or R2 to Naboo, I would think would be nullified by some intergalactic statute of limitations. It's quite debatable, but to me it boils down to the droids one way or another - through whatever combination of Anakin, Padme, or Luke - both currently belonging to Leia.

In the Clone Wars micro series Padme presented R2 to Anakin to use on his ship. Does this legally transfer ownership to him?

This sounds like high level corruption. R2 belonged to the Naboo government. No wonder the Republic fell with that kind of crap going on.

I probably missed several threads about this back in the day, but did anyone ever posit the theory that Padme was working with Palpatine? They're from the same planet, she did most of the heavy lifting when it came to turning Anakin which basically brought down the whole Jedi order. It was her all along!!

Everything Padme worked for and admired was the exact opposite of what Anakin ends up doing. Its easy to be confused though because Padme just stands by Anakin whenever he says something very questionable or literally commits disgusting acts. Its not until Anakin hacks up all the Younglings does whatever spell Padme was under finally break.

TBH, Im surprised no writer or whatever has suggested Anakin was mind tricking Padme all thru their relationship. Then again that would completely and utterly break the sagas plot that Anakin was actually a noble soul that made a very bad choice and spiraled into the insanity we see him spiral to.

The Prequels really suck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.