Notre Dame Cathedral

Ms. Spam

Money doesn't bring back the dead. But you're right, the money would be better spent going to the churches and victims in Sri Lanka than to an already very wealthy parish in the centre of Paris that already most likely has a load of funding.

People have a right to donate their money where they choose, just like they have a right to spend their money any way they want in general. Money donated specifically to Notre Dame should only go to Notre Dame or be refunded to those who donated. I'd agree there are far more worthy charities but people and governments spend money stupidly all the time.

People have a right to donate their money where they choose, just like they have a right to spend their money any way they want in general. Money donated specifically to Notre Dame should only go to Notre Dame or be refunded to those who donated. I'd agree there are far more worthy charities but people and governments spend money stupidly all the time.

No shit, thats why I said it would be "better spent".

Oh well, its just a building. Buildings can be re built. Like Met said, nobody was hurt so that's the main thing.

Everyone on social media crying at the tragedy need to put it into perspective. Its just a building. And nobody cried when the ancient city of Petra was pillaged by ISIS. Or the countless historical treasures lost in The Cradle of Civilisation (Iraq, Syria, Egypt et al). But I suppose antiquities of ancient Babylon, Assyria and Egypt aren't as important as a flagship of the Holy Christian empire.

One cathedral catches fire in France and people lose their ****.

Its not a tit-for-tat situation. The cathedral burning down is a tragedy whether any other locations were destroyed or not.

But your "Holy Christian empire" line says it all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.