Your Fantasy Star Wars films.

Odine

Rogue One was close enough to what I've been wanting to see for so long that it's definitely one of my top 2 SW movies. I've always loved the fluff books from SW that don't concern the Skywalkers (the Wraith Squadron series and the early Traviss books in particular), so Twilight Company was really top notch for me. It's just a shame that the Battlefront 2 book was so piss poor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really a film, but I would love a Filoni CGI series that takes place post ROTJ, featuring the OT cast, and young Kylo, with MH reprising the role of Luke. Maybe even room for Thrawn, Ahsoka, and other TCW/Rebels characters to make cameos, or have arcs. If anyone can pull that off, it would be Tank.

I would love to see it. I loved the idea of a horror Star Wars story, which you would be great at doing. Not to pigeonhole you in horror, but I just love the idea and you're really into both things.

They did a book with zombie Stormtroopers, but it wasn't very good, even by the standards of the EU books.

Tank has brought up a Vader based horror film idea that made me think of a cross between Predator and a slasher movie.

I also wouldn't want them to do it, but the basic idea of Death Troopers was fun. The Empire experimenting with.. viruses, maybe? And then everything goes to hell and you get zombietroopers.

I wouldn't want a zombie movie, either, but I do wish it had been better executed as a book.

I really don't like zombie stuff all that much. The first couple seasons of Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and the board game Last Night on Earth.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I suppose it depends on if the GOT guys are really going to write a trilogy based (or borrowed/loosely based) on the Old Republic era. If they are going to introduce sith necromancy, that would be the era to do it. But hopefully no zombies.

Could work as an origin story for a new villain. If one of the heroes on the crashed vessel is discovering they're force sensitive.. and after all his/her companions perish before the end of the movie he/she only survives by embracing the dark side for strength or whatever.

It'll never get made, but its my fantasy goddamnit don't shit on my dreams.

Chalup hit it with the Nightsisters reference. It's part of the canon now. So if someone wants to make a SW zombie movie, Kennedy et al. just have to decide if that means there is precedent so ok go, or it's already been done so ok no.

Maybe a film about the moisture farmer industry on Tatooine, titled There Will Be Blue Milk.

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/613460/a-futuristic-plan-would-turn-air-conditioners-into-climate-change-fighting-machines/

Ha ha ha. The premise has scientific foundations. The moisture farms could be climate changing machines that both collect water for use and create fuel. Uncle Owen might have been rich.

Meaning.. What would be your fantasy star wars film idea you want to see?

For example I wanna see a film that is basically Predator in the star wars universe. A team of soldiers accompanied by some Jedi are on a planet in the outer rim on some covert escape mission during order 66. They start getting taken out by a predator one by one. Predator is Vader obviously.

Last time we did this thread I basically pitched Friday the 13 as Star Wars. Small rebel team on the far side of Yavin when the Death Star is blown up. They see Vader's tie fighter crash, and as they try to get back to the base, Vader is picking them off one by one.

I always thought MacBeth could be made as a Old Republic era story.

I have an idea in the back of my head that's basically the setting of the Corporate Sector from the old Han Solo books, and focusing on slave labor rising up against their corporate masters.

You need to get to work on the first two, stat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.