Cohen hearing going on.

Ms. Spam

Luckily I'm at work. I don't know if I can take another one of these hearings. When I went to lunch I caught the tail end of Glenn Beck's show. He was saying that Cohen was caught up in a few fibs. Then I switched to the sports station. I would rather listen to spring training reports than talk about that crap.

The Internet Responds

He is a lair! CAN NOT TRUST HIM.

Liar, deary. Also cannot has no space.

I AM A MAN. IT WAS A TYPo.

He lied to protect Trump, now he is saying what he was supposed to say back then.

IDONT CaRE! PRO-LIFE!

Maybe. His testimony was meaningless and he is only trustworthy to say what he thinks will help him.

He didn't lie to protect Trump, he lied because he thought Trump would protect him if he did.

Luckily I'm at work. I don't know if I can take another one of these hearings. When I went to lunch I caught the tail end of Glenn Beck's show. He was saying that Cohen was caught up in a few fibs. Then I switched to the sports station. I would rather listen to spring training reports than talk about that crap.

You listen to Glenn Beck?

Cohen is likely looking for a reduced sentence, I am not sure who would not, I think he has even said as much. However if he lied today he would void his plea deal, if I understand it correctly... which defeats his motivation for a reduced sentence.

In a similar circular nature, it appears true that Cohen lied to protect Trump in turn to be protected. However we cannot separate one action from the other, it is one thing.

BTW in my first, I was almost literally quoting the two sides as they argued in the comments of my local news station. It got even nuttier than that. Our reality is satire.

• 2 weeks later...

Cohen is likely looking for a reduced sentence, I am not sure who would not, I think he has even said as much. However if he lied today he would void his plea deal, if I understand it correctly... which defeats his motivation for a reduced sentence.

In a similar circular nature, it appears true that Cohen lied to protect Trump in turn to be protected. However we cannot separate one action from the other, it is one thing.

A) Looks like he was already caught in a lie about seeking a pardon.

2) We can easily separate intent from action. Say you drop your giant bag of meth inside your neighbor's open car window so the cops won't find it on you. That's a very different intent from doing it to frame your neighbor, even though the actions are the same. Cohen cares about Cohen, and he'll do whatever he thinks will help him the most, regardless of who it helps or hurts. Which is why he.got along with Trump so well for years.

They are criminals pointing at each other. Trump said he begged for pardon. Cohens lawyers said Trump dangled the pardon.

And I still disagree, as your premise though valid in itself, I dont believe it applicable here. It may have been applicable if you had said the neighbor was the meth dealer and you bought it and then the cops showed up and you drop it in the neighbors car, thinking the cops hadnt seen you do that.

In order to be protected by Trump, Cohen had to protect Trump. That is one action not two, multiple motivations though.

It comes down to which statement is more credible to you, pretending to be jurors here (obviously not that this is a trial situation).

Afterthought: Thing is in regards to the hush money, Trump said nope did not happen, Cohen originally (of course) echoed. Eventually we have Giuliani saying if Trump did it still wasnt a crime. Then eventually we get Cohen saying, yeah Trump did it. Then we get Trump and his legal cohorts further spinning, yeah, it wasnt a crime though... it wasnt a violation of finance laws... it wasnt to help or sway the election... it was a personal expense. The thing that Trumpets say Cohen is lying about is already said as true by them by the content of their defense.

The Trump Teams present position is similar to someone who wants to debate about if alien life exists. This someone wants to argue it doesnt, but their argument is based on figuring out the percent chance that life could exist. By choosing to argue anything other than zero chance, they have lost the debate by their own position.

Smarter people than I would know, but I think Trumps Team made a bunch of attorney/client privilege stuff discoverable in relation to Cohens case. I dunno if that relates to Cohen being able to then talk with Congress. James might know or Carrie, this is probably their expertise as lawyers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.