Jussie Smollett

Metropolis

So this guy huh?

Now I questioned this whole story the second I heard the part about "This is MAGA Country!" I didn't think this was a hoax, but I wondered who goes to Subway at 2 in the morning in sub zero temperatures. Now I just think this guy is a piece of shit. I didn't even know who he was 3 weeks ago.

This appears to be the Boy Who Cried Wolf and its frustrating that this simple lesson hasnt been learned by so many. If everything pans out as it appears now, Smollett has only succeed in furthering mistrust and social divides while possibly harming responsiveness to true crimes of a similar nature.

Between him, and the Catholic school kids incident in DC a few weeks ago... I don't know why they would do this kind of thing, unless they really just like personal attention. But if they think it's helping the cause, for ****s sake they need to step back and think about what they're doing, because it's having the opposite effect.

It seems a little early to be making decisions. One group was blamed and then they blamed someone else. Unless/until there's proof, anything could be true.

His original story is weird, and was even weirder given the suspects, but who knows at this point.

At this point I'm assuming they're all aliens.

Seriously, the news has been coming pretty quickly on this. When I posted before, the news I could find was basically he said-they said, but now it seems like the police are looking more at him faking it.

It's funny that those who unabashedly supported Smollett are backing away from this without actually criticizing him. Some are even questioning if the police are being honest. I already knew the media wouldn't go after him which is the most egregious. This is a man who has tried to fake attacks on himself(the first was the letter to Fox a week before the alleged attack) for the sole purpose of trying to increase his celebrity. He went on television and lied to everyone. This man should be condemned as the fraud he is. Short of there being a screw loose upstairs there is no excuse for this.

Seems like the latest is a delay in the grand jury. No reason given other than Smollett's defense team calling the prosecutor, but it would be interesting if there's evidence to go back the other way.

As for some of the details, if the attack was real I would expect some weirdness in his memory, since there would almost definitely be trauma involved.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I definitely had to read that twice to figure out why the guy who plays Iron Man would fake a nazi attack.

LOL!

Surf Nazis Must Die!

Smollett is garbage and a maniuplator of the worst kind. From the start this entire non-attack appeared to be a hoax, with this "attack" designed to build hatred and possible physical action against Trump and/or his supporters (his social media comments shines a light on how much he hates both).

What's worse is that he did not care if this inspired more hatred or possible violence on the streets of America. He did not care because the scheme can only be concocted by one who expects violence to spring from it, all in the name of his true agenda, which he laid out in that ever-so-accommodating Good Morning America interview--

"..if I had said it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more. A lot more. Ad that says a lot about the place that we are in out country right now, the fact that we have these fear mongers--these people that are trying to separate us.."

Mm-hmm. So, the first takeaway from that key statement is that he's utterly ignorant of history--even recent history, as I recall, the kind "doubters" he's referring to (white people) did not wait to see if the color or religious belief was "preferable" when judging Dylan Roof for committing a true hate crime at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. As I recall, no one doubted or hesitated in supporting victims in the Tree of Life Congregation synagogue attack. In both cases, the public instantly believed & supported victims of those real hate crimes--people who are the opposite of Smollett--a man with a social media history of trying to make a U.S. president & assumed supporters the boogeyman for all things, now claiming its all come to center on him--with two attackers who just so happened to wear "MAGA" hats.

In his weak-minded way, Smollett seems to think he was going to shame America for casting legitimate doubt on his pre-packaged "Get Trump/Trump supporters" scheme. The gravity of his hoax was of a kind that could have led to assault and/or deaths of the innocent--acts of revenge carried out in his name, but he did not give a damn about that. Or maybe he did, only to the point of fueling a flood of hatred and violence all to reach some ill-conceived goal.

Still, he served as a timely reminder of how immoral some of the Left are in their neverending hate campaigns against a significant part of the country--a part of the country that he has no interest knowing, understanding or even tolerating. To the Smolletts of the world, anything goes when plotting against a part of the nation he cannot stand.

Don't worry. Twitter has assured me that it's not him, the cops are framing him.

And no matter what, he shouldn't be arrested because R Kelly is still out.

He literally made it worse for every party involved.

He's empowered the MAGA set by proving that there's some form of liberal conspiracy.

He's made it hard for people who are victims of actual hate crimes to be taken seriously.

He's made a mockery of the anti victim-shaming mindset.

He's now a man with no nation. No one in Hollywood will touch him and he's made himself the target he pretended to be to fundamentalist haters.

• 1 month later...

Wow. So the charges were dropped in the Smollett case.

He's saying he was innocent from the start. Legal analysts are saying something probably happened with the witnesses to where the prosecutor's office probably thought they couldn't get a conviction. They said if was completely innocent then he'll sue for wrongful arrest. Well see won't we.

Apparently the judge has agreed to seal the case records. So we'll never really know the details of all of this.

I also read that the feds wanted to investigate and then they dropped the charges. That was from Fox News, which typically wouldn’t draw those connections.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.