Anyone done their taxes yet?

Ms. Spam

Guest El Chalupacabra

I did mine almost 2 weeks ago. I always get a return because I ensure I have more taxes taken out than the minimum. Some say don't do that because the gubment is making interest off your money, but I gives a damn. It keeps the IRS off my back, and it's always like an extra paycheck every year.

I hear a lot of crying about paying more.

I've heard more crying because people aren't getting as much back on their refund, actually. I guess they can "blame" Trump, who lowered the withholding. People will b*tch about taxes no matter what, though.

It's the price of living in the US.

I am still "waiting on my health insurance paperwork," but who am I kidding, I don't get that until two days after I file, regardless of when I file.

Mostly, I'm just waiting to be totally unemployed (STILL typing this from an empty cubicle) so I have the time and brainspace.

My mom did hers the other day, though, and went from getting ~2k to getting $40 back, which she is Not Happy About.

I'm like Chalupa and pull extra out of my check because I work two jobs so it usually pushes me into a different tax bracket barely. Last year I got a refund but this year I think I'm going to break even. I started them again and fell asleep at my desk. I should probably go back to bed.

Done. Still got a refund, despite losing health coverage and being ta- excuse me penalized two grand for not having it. Yay procreation credit and also for claiming no dependents throughout the year, it saved us from the ta- excuse me penalty.

*the one thing the Trump admin/GOP did that I like, next year no penalty... although we should have health coverage by then, but at least there wont be a partial penalty.

My income goes through a loan-out S corp. Basically, I get paid as a corporation, the money goes into a corporate business account, and I pay myself a salary via payroll from said company.

I do personal taxes based on this income. My company pays corporate tax fees, and I have to go through a debt vs income breakdown, accounting for what is usually tens of thousands of dollars in expenses.

I co-own a home with my partner, and she is also a corporation owner.

It's complicated as EFFFFFF

My income goes through a loan-out S corp. Basically, I get paid as a corporation, the money goes into a corporate business account, and I pay myself a salary via payroll from said company.

I do personal taxes based on this income. My company pays corporate tax fees, and I have to go through a debt vs income breakdown, accounting for what is usually tens of thousands of dollars in expenses.

That's so hot.

My wife does that cause she's director of her own company and pays salary and dividends to herself. The benefit being you can take enough salary to remain in a lower tax bracket then take dividends on top of that which are tax free up to a point. She complains how complicated it is but the benefits seem worth it. #freelancers

We're getting "back" more this year than last. Almost double. I wouldn't call it a refund though, because we don't actually pay into anything all year. Since Trevor is self-employed we get to deduct a lot of expenses each year, and since we're both registered adult volunteers with BSA every single function we attend is "volunteerism" and we can deduct the mileage. That averages out to over 2 trips a week and several out-of-town trips a year. It adds up quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.