2019 State of the Union!

Ms. Spam

I see no value in listening to a known liar lie again and again.

I'm under no belief that they would care one way or the other. This has been a thing for years. Seeing as this is a television event it looks bad. One side stands up and the other sits on their hands. Looked bad back in the Obama and Bush years. If I had any control I would save any standing ovation for the very end. They can clap but just keep your ass in that seat until the end.

They ladies looked bad because they were being told they should probably stand and clap since Trump was given praise to the women in this country. Hell he even said "You weren't supposed to stand were you?" Crap like this gets to me because it shows that we can't work together if it's for reasons that make the headlines.

Pelosi might need new dentures. She was sucking at her teeth all night long. The polident must not be holding tightly.

I won't lie, the Pelosi Clap was inspired comedy gold.

RITE? He doesn't even get he's being mocked.

He expected insincerity from her, and in typical fashion, dropped the bait for Pelosi and the rest of the Usual Suspects to bite. Its called exposing the worst in your enemies.

Dude when they go low, Trump goes subterranean. Most people I think understand that. The ones who make excuses are doing it for their own feelings. Trump is proud to roll around in the dirt. It's just disingenuous to call the high ground and act as bad sometimes. Trump is "The Bad Boys", and unfortunately for the Democrats they're more '89 Clippers than the '91 Bulls.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The State of the Union is a ceremonial obligation, more than anything. Nothing is really mentioned that hasn't been the other 364 days a year. It doesn't matter who is president, and it's all fake with both sides bringing in their respective audience plants, with the president speeching it up, and the opposition giving their reactionary tirade. I only watched the highlights of this one and read reactions to it out of morbid curiosity. I have no wish to sit through the entire 1.5+ hours of propaganda.

As to how he was treated, Trump definitely deserved the disrespect on a personal level. He's acted like an animal for the last 2 years as president, not to mention a lifetime before that. I love the (false) narrative right-wing media is crafting about how "the left has been criticizing Trump for not being presidential, and now poor ol' Donald acts presidential, and the dems are still not happy." Giving one speech on one night where he acts somewhat pseudo presidential doesn't make up for all that. Part of me loved seeing the dems act the way they did. He got a taste of his own medicine.

That said, as much as Trump may deserve it personally, the dems (especially Pelosi) come off as petty, small, and unprofessional. It really seemed like high school without the zits. I'd wager most high school student council meetings are conducted with more professionalism. Their actions are not simple protest or standing up to a boorish president, they come off as childish. That not only diminishes Trump, but the presidency itself, as well as themselves. It does the US as a nation no favors. Between Trump, and dems like Pelosi, it's little wonder the rest of the world doesn't respect the US anymore.

There is a way to stand up to Trump and his reckless and misguided policies, without becoming what the mirror image of what they wish to oppose: it's called acting like adults. But the dems failed miserably in that regard.

Uh-huh.

And what was it called when he openly mocked a person with cerebral palsy? Pretty sure that's worse than a smarmy clap. Don't act like your team is any more regal than the other.

One, I don't have a team. Two, this is about the SotU antics. If you want to go back to dig up past indiscretions having nothing to do with this subject, you must realize how easy it would be to do that with just about anyone.

I actually think it was pretty tame based on crowd reaction. I was listening while on my evening walk and a lot of Trump's special "MAGA" parts of his speech got positive reaction from the crowd. Nothing changed and it was a lot of double talk about working to reach out and partisanship and then flipping the switch to I will do this. I will say that based on Trump's voice it does sound like this was the hardest work he'd done in a while - what with all that "executive time" in his schedule.

I will put this here:

51366951_2562768850482820_70990821184912

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.