Deadly Class

Iceheart

Anyone else watching?

I've never read the comics, so I went in purely for the show. It's basically live-action anime. The color palate, the way they set up the shots, the premise...

It's fun so far. I went into it thinking it would be more Riverdale-y, probably because I just assumed that's what they'd do with a teenage cast that includes the girl who plays the MC in To All The Boys I've Loved Before, but it's definitely not a show made for the actual high school set. And the way they cast the school faculty is fabulous.

ALL of the characters are total stereotypes, and I guess it's getting some flack from the social justice community because many of the characters are minorities, but from what I understand of the story, eventually all those stereotypes get flipped on their heads, so I'm being patient with that.

Also, what tf were people thinking with those 80's fashions? Every decade has its chamber of fashion horrors, but the 80's were just something with that hair and turquoise eyeshadow...

Loved the pilot, 102 was less good. I read the first year or so of the comic. Rick Remender is somebody who I think has amazing ideas that never fully pay off, and this was no different.

He's actually the show-runner, and good for him to make that transition, but I fear the show will go the way of the comic. I'm in for now, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.