Do you still rewatch old sci fi/fantasy/horror TV shows and movies

Guest El Chalupacabra

Seth gets to call it work, though.

I am SUUUPER lucky. That said, there are stretches of months I don't go to the theater sometimes.

I tend to do things in chunks. My free time tends to shift focus. I'll spend a month doing nothing but video games. Then a couple months of just reading. Then a month or solid TV binge watching. Then a month of catching up on movies, etc.

But sometimes it's totally work. The producers on my show are huge Killing Eve fans. Even though it's a totally different genre before we started back upo I binged that show over a weekend.

"Babe, you coming to bed?'

"ONE MORE EPISODE IT'S FOR WORK!"

I'm genuinely ashamed I forgot about Indy. The OT gets spouted as the holy trinity now and then but for me nothing comes close to Raiders/Temple/Crusade. Those movies hold up as much, if not stronger, than they did for me when I was 8 years old and are honestly my security blanket. The desert chase scene in Raiders is still the best action scene I've ever seen put on film.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The Indy trilogy to me is one of the greatest trilogies of all time. I've always thought it interesting how the Indy Trilogy calls back to older movies like Secret of the Incas (Raiders...Heston's outfit looks exactly like Indy), and Gunga Din (Temple of Doom almost seems like a bookend to that movie, or maybe vice versa?), but not only updates them, but does it better in every way. Both those movies are more like curiosities to me, and its not like I enjoyed them much, beyond saying to myself "Hey, look, its like Indy, just 40 years earlier. But , in some ways, the Indy films are a tribute, yet in many ways a reinvention and refinement of that genre that is immensely better.

So, not to change the subject, but I am in the middle of DS9 season 4. When I go a while in between watches, I always seem to forget just how good DS9 was, until I watch again. Unlike the other Trek series, early DS9 seasons seem to just kick ass right out of the gate, and really pick up by season 3 with the introduction of the Defiant, and the Founders. This morning, I rewatched Return to Grace, which shows just how awesome a character Dukat is.

• 1 month later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

But the ending...

Yeah, I'm not there yet, but I KNOW! I am still in season 1, and just watched 33 last night, back when it was phenomenal.

But yeah, that ending. And Tuvok singing Watch Tower with the final 5 hearing it in their heads. He did a decent job singing, but totally inappropriate and breaks the 4th wall for me. To this day, it takes me out of the story.

The ending wasn't great but the last season still had some amazing episodes that make it worth sitting through. The mutiny 2 parter was awesome, Roslin's "I will end you" speech still gives me goosebumps.

Plus, Bear McCreary's soundtrack to that show just went strength to strength. Can't think of a television show that's come close to the music in BSG. Game of Thrones comes pretty close.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.