Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Punisher Season 2

12 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts

What say you? 

Grrrrrrrrrrunnnnnnnnt!? 

• Dark Wader +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,416 posts

The trailer with Alice in Chains was epic so I'm down...just sad knowing it'll be cancelled in a couple of days or weeks. 

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,279 posts
Just watched the first couple episodes with my wife last night. Love it. Frank's the man!
I think its the only Marvel netflix show Ive been enjoying

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,580 posts
I still havent watched Iron Fist 2 or Daredevil 3. After The Defenders I've just been very uninterested.

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,416 posts

Daredevil 3 is definitely worth watching, in terms of quality it's probably been the best of all the shows. 

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts

Yeah, Daredevil 3.0 is worth a watch. It's a good character study of three different DnD types. HAHAHA.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,279 posts
Finished season 02. Definitely not as good as season 01 but still a lot of sadistic fun. The grunts keep on coming
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,752 posts

Season 1 was definitely better. At this point Bernthal clearly owns the role for life, though later in the season I snickered a little whenever he started doing that berserker-rage "ROOOOAAAAARRRR!!!1!!!" of his. (Right after finishing this, shifting gears to his guest-starring role in Kimmy Schmidt was seriously jarring.)

Performances among the good guys were generally top-notch (very happy to see Curtis get more screen time, and Dinah was less irritating), but dividing the season between two different storylines didn't work for me. Jigsaw was a half-neutered rerun and John Pilgrim felt like some kind of attempt at a Garth Ennis homage that arrived stillborn.

Best action sequence: bar fight in ep. 1.

I still havent watched Iron Fist 2 or Daredevil 3. After The Defenders I've just been very uninterested.

Daredevil 3 was one of the best Marvel Netflix seasons. IF2 was...uhhhhh, yeah, you're good.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,279 posts
I agree with the split storyline. It didnt do the season any favours. If they focussed on the single threat they could've gone to town with it.

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,416 posts

And cancelled, along with Jessica Jones (Season 3 will be the last)

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,527 posts
Cool. So in two years when the moratorium is lifted, we can start seeing these characters on Disney+, Hulu or maybe even the movies.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,279 posts
I mean, Jessica Jones needed cancelling. But that's a little OT, cancelling the punisher.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts

I liked Jessica Jones. Iron Fist was the weakest. I would watch the hell out of a Daredevil or Luke Cage or Punisher. 

Reply to this topic