Ban-gate 2019

Cerina

I'm a teacher so I'm really good at just not responding to Poe. Tex did piss me off that once but I just called him on it and moved on. My posting style in the Lyceum is different. I read the topics and appreciate them for the changes they bring about in my thinking but when I post I don't elaborate much which is something I struggle with when writing my thesis material in my masters program. I want to have people move in another direction or think - it's because I'm a teacher. I am not going to give the answer or I want to go in another direction because the post is getting mired in beleaguering and bickering. It's not growing a discussion to latch onto this one thing which Poe was really good about and bang endlessly on a drum about it. Basically it's refocusing. Because I've been in AlAnon because of my family I'm pretty good at ignoring toxicity. I do miss Pong. He really understood my posting style.

Just as well. Dealing with those two was like talking to a wall.

If anyone wants to take up the mantle of Nightly's Token Staunch Conservative, be my guest. Just don't be an ***hole about it.

I suppose I could sharpen the old axe as far as political correctness, identity politics, feminism etc are concerned. I doubt it would be like old times, though. I tend to critique those things from the left nowadays - all that culture war getting in the way of class war, and all. And on economic matters, forget it. I'd make Tank look like Thatcher or Pinochet.

Maybe it's about time you poor souls had to deal with a far left as opposed to a rightist curmudgeon for a change ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.