Ban-gate 2019

Cerina

I know this place isn't as active as it once was (understatement am i rite?), but to dispel any possible rumors I just want to state some facts.

I banned Poe.

I did so because he is/was an asshole. And a troll. And he was running people off - good, long-time, productive members. And people felt the need to tell me about it off-Nightly even though I'm not even the most active admin right now.

Several years ago he asked to be able to post on Nightly again after his former usernames had been banned. We (the Admin team at the time) agreed as long as he registered with a new name, dropped his old habits of being a disagreeable troll, and play by the rules. He couldn't do that in the long-term.

So he's gone. Debate in peace.

If anyone wants to take up the mantle of Nightly's Token Staunch Conservative, be my guest. Just don't be an asshole about it.

Oooooo! I thought he was getting uppity because we didn't really have admins per se around here.

Hey, what about m--- no, that's actually pretty fair.

I'll admit I'm not part of all the threads that apparently prompted this. While the threshold for being seems a lot lighter than it was back in our hey day, I do see the need for not wanting one person driving away what few members we have left.

Who was Poe in the past? I obviously missed that.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thank you very much Cerina & Fozzie, and the rest who responded to the thread I posted requesting deletion.

Not so much for banning Poe, because I would not and did not ask for that, but just asking me not to leave. I have been posting here for years now, and I haven't met anyone here off line, but many of you have become my online friends. Also, nightly has become a refuge for me to take my mind off of things and unplug from life for a while. I didn't think I would be missed, but it was nice to know some people here would miss me, so I will stay. The positives at nightly really outweigh the negatives. I just wanted to say thank you.

BTW, great to see Krawlie posting again!

We could turn that into a thread unto itself! Whomever guesses correctly wins a prize.

I'll admit I'm not part of all the threads that apparently prompted this. While the threshold for being seems a lot lighter than it was back in our hey day, I do see the need for not wanting one person driving away what few members we have left.

We've actually banned two people in the past several years (other than people who requested it). One of them was for following me around and posting vulgar things about me with every post. The other was only allowed back after receiving a lifetime ban because he made certain promises.

Based on the reason for his previous ban, we needed to be safe. I don't think I was a mod/admin at the time, but the public version of the story was that he tracked someone down because he didn't like something they posted and tried to ruin the person's life, including contacting the employer.

Cant say i miss Tex. Good call, Fozzie. Guy was an asshole... And a parody of himself. What with the name and avatar. It was like 3 fold irony. Like a dream within a dream within a dream.

Poe didn't bother me so much, but then I have no skin in US politics besides a passing interest.

Glad you're sticking round Chalup. And nice to see Krawlie here again!

Party on Wayne!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.