Quote your 2019 reads

irishdancer2

I thought it might be nice for us to have a place to write down quotes that speak to us or strike us as particularly well-written as we read our way through 2019. These are my first ones:

"My heart was a habitation large enough for many guests but lonely and chill, and without a household fire." ~The Scarlet Letter

"The dreary burden of a heart unyielded because unvalued and unsought came to Hester's cottage, demanding why they were so wretched." ~The Scarlet Letter

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone will reply, or maybe this thread will be my personal reading journal!

The vampire may foster quickened heartbeats and levitated hair. But is he worse than the parent who gave to society a neurotic child who became a politician?

Oh well, thought Doremus. He had lived with Emma for 34 years, and not oftener than once or twice a year had he wanted to murder her.

~It Cant Happen Here / Sinclair Lewis

• 3 months later...
"You are the monsters you are so afraid of. Let go of your fear, and join us in the light.

And if you will not… if you keep imprisoning and killing innocents, if you keep forcing the world to stay in the dark… then you will meet the fate of all the slavers and murderers in the worlds' history before you.

We will free those you keep imprisoned. We will rescue those you try to kill.

The Garden is the Serpent's place.

We are the Serpent's Hand."

-M, SCP Foundation

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.