Stumbled onto this on youtube

Odine

So Poe is banned. Man, I really wanted to answer his question, too. What I told him was not just an excuse, either: I am rather busy and seldom have time or energy for lengthy discussion. That was why I posted the videos.

As I said in Chalupa's other thread, I have always been very impressed by how civil and mature Nightly is in comparison to other message boards I have belonged to. I realize that I am a difficult person to get along with online, and Nightly has shown me a warmness and acceptance that I've not felt anywhere else.

Even if you'd explained yourself to him he would have just said you were wrong. Not "that's an interesting take but I disagree" or "thank for explaing" or anything like that. You would just be wrong on every level... and this was after he'd say for at least three posts that you were making no sense and not answering the question, even if you were.

God level gaslighting.

Because not all humans think in the same, uniform way and some of us have thicker and thinner skin than others that is always influenced by the real world. Like Chalup said... He comes here for escape from the real world and its supposed to be fun. Argumentative and obstinate people can chip away at said fun.

That's all true, but this is a message board. It's got people with degrees of skin thickness and people with degrees of civility/politeness. If you expect this to be your spa and sanctuary from ***holes, you may want to rethink things a bit.

I'm a Canadian so I probably have a lower tolerance than most Americans do for being direct and speaking your mind without regard for how another might take it. That said, while I thought Poe was being maybe a touch aggressive - and even that word feels a little strong for what I read from him - I certainly didn't see him become abusive with anyone. Honestly I'm surprised he's banned over this.

It's cumulative. It wasn't just one thing, it was years worth of effecting the community. Two long time posters were ready to walk in a single day. We've had more people posting in the last couple days thsn we've had in months once people knew. Not everyone was in a huff, several people just stopped participating.

And it was cumulative over years. As I've said elsewhere, he has a past of trying to ruin the lives of people he disagrees with, so it was either pull the trigger or let things escalate to the point where someone's boss gets a call about something they posted that Poe could use against them.

People have careers and families. If someone decides to weaponize jokes that are horrible out of the original context, which includes, for some, being 20 years old, we could end up with horribly wrecked lives.

I didn't make the call to pull the plug, but Poe was given guidelines when we revoked his lifetime ban. While r never turned into a monster, we saw enough warning signs and deviation from the agreement that we decided he hadn't lives up to his promise.

In short, his parole was revoked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.