Time to remake the OT?

Filthy Jawa

And Doc Hollywood to Cars?

Oh yeah, that one too. Silly as this sounds, I never really got into Cars because it’s the one movie I couldn’t wrap my head around. I can understand talking toys, talking insects or monsters living in another dimension who needs kids’ screams to sustain themselves. I get a lot of eye rolls over this, but I like when animated movies have some semblance of reality woven into the world they're creating. The premise behind those other films is that they live in our world in a way people don’t see. The toys flop to the floor and stay still when humans are around. The insects try to stay away from humans as much as possible (there’s that one bug on the street begging with a sign that reads “A kid pulled my wings”). But the cars? The girl car laments how roads are no longer built correctly, just cutting through things. So the humans are building the roads? But how do the living cars exist in that same world?

Film Theory on YouTube has a video that offers an explanation for living cars.

It's fun, if nothing else. He does a bunch of videos where he gives crazy, scientifically backed theories on games and movies.

• 1 month later...

Instead of a remake, how about something like this:

The All-New Special, Really Special Edition

The actual sabre fighting is cool, but the audio over dubs are awful. No need for the ROTS audio to play just before he kills ObiWan.. We all already know the significance

You're not alone, but I'm not that bothered about what happens to the OT (including the inevitable completely overhauled super-duper-extra-special edition) any more because I think enough people have put enough effort in to preserving the 77/80/83 theatrical releases.

Compositing, but also look up match moving too (the wiki article on it isn't great)

whats compositing?

An FX process wherein disparate types of shots or elements (like Alec Guinness's face, stunt actors on a green screen, and CG sets) are put together.

...as opposed to straight up full CG animation.

Most movies these days have tons of compositing, even straight non-genre films.

You're not alone, but I'm not that bothered about what happens to the OT (including the inevitable completely overhauled super-duper-extra-special edition) any more because I think enough people have put enough effort in to preserving the 77/80/83 theatrical releases.

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the ESB 4K project. But with Lucas gone, I don't think we'll see any more tinkering.

Maybe now that Disney finally owns the rights, we may get it. But, really, I don't think that the official version would be any better, other than being on a disc. They actually tracked down film from the theatrical version and scanned it frame by frame. It's not a hodgepodge edit.

whats compositing?

An FX process wherein disparate types of shots or elements (like Alec Guinness's face, stunt actors on a green screen, and CG sets) are put together.

...as opposed to straight up full CG animation.

Most movies these days have tons of compositing, even straight non-genre films.

I thought it sounded like something like that, thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.