Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

"Prisoners should be allowed to vote."

"What about EMOTIONS?!?"

"Even when dealing with EMOTIONS."

"HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT EMOTIONS!!!"

The debate around prisoner voting rights is not some new political agenda or any of that nonsense. Its a complex debate that treads into several areas, not limited to the literal legal issues that tackle what can be taken from a convicted citizen and then into the murkier philosophical waters of what should be taken from a convicted citizen and then if or when the resulting laws are prejudice or enforced with prejudice. The fact that it is a debate, that people want to argue about it and can is beautiful. Totalitarian responses to this issue, that being one is right and there can be no wiggle room, should alarm citizens of both our main political parties and on thru most ideologies.

After-afterthought: I removed the afterthought I had written as it was superfluous. lol

Dude what?

Basically that the guy has a stance on a topic that is incredibly clear, and then got asked a gotcha question based 100% on an emotional response to a certain crime, and you’re in here crowing about it.

Look we just voted this past year in FL to allow felons to receive their voting rights after they are release from prison. The exceptions are murders and people who have committed crimes against children. It's was something I struggled with before I voted, but I voted For because a felony is a wide ranging charge. The audience member that asked Bernie the question brought up a good point. His policy would allow for people who have committed atrocities to vote. Family members of the victims of Boston Marathon have already come out and voiced their displeasure over what Bernie said.

Personally I don't believe people that are in jail should have the right to vote. You open up a can of worms if you allow it. Do you let everyone do it? If you only let minor criminals do it, the murderers, rapists, and pedophiles are going to start scream about their "rights". Just because 2 states with the population less than some major cities put together think it's okay doesn't mean the idea will fly everywhere else.

We'll see if Bernie is willing to die on that hill.

Dude what?

Basically that the guy has a stance on a topic that is incredibly clear, and then got asked a gotcha question based 100% on an emotional response to a certain crime, and youre in here crowing about it.
He was asked about it on the Fox town hall and danced around the question. Did the girl ask a gotcha question? Yeah, but it put into context how out there his proposal is.

I wasn't crowing about it. I out it out there. What is your take on it Foz? Isn't that how this works?

Dude what?

Basically that the guy has a stance on a topic that is incredibly clear, and then got asked a gotcha question based 100% on an emotional response to a certain crime, and youre in here crowing about it.
He was asked about it on the Fox town hall and danced around the question. Did the girl ask a gotcha question? Yeah, but it put into context how out there his proposal is.

I wasn't crowing about it. I out it out there. What is your take on it Foz? Isn't that how this works?

The tone of your first post was "The guy I don't like said something stupid!" versus your second post which had actual content and opinion.

My personal take is somewhere closer to what you said, which is also pretty close to Buttigeig's answer: I support the released felons being able to vote as part of reintegrating them into society. I would be okay with exceptions, like the ones you listed.

As for Bernie in general, I think he's every bit as bad as Trump, and his supporters tend to be as bad as the worst Trump supporters. The chance of me voting for any major party candidate in this election is slim, but if it comes down to Trump vs. Sanders, I'm definitely not voting for either of them. Gun to my head, pick one to vote for? I'd pick the bullet.

He might not have raped Lewinsky, but there were multiple allegations of it besides that episode. Lewinsky was bad enough, no clearer case of taking advantage of a subordinate that I can think of. Most powerful "man" in the "free world" and his 22 year old intern.

BS.

She knew exactly what she was doing. His reputation was around since before he was president. By 95 we heard all about Jennifer Flowers, and Paula jones. Why save the dress? At best, it was for 15 minutes of fame an a tell all book tour. At worst, you can leave it to your imagination. At 22, she is a college-educated adult, and it is a stretch to believe she had no clue what could happen, other than she wanted it to happen.

Yeah, she was asking for it alright. Did you see how she was dressed?

So Biden announced. It will be interesting for the Biden camp (with angry Symone Sanders as one of senior advisers) try to explain away his history, including taking a hardline position against busing, with the spurious, slight of hand argument that busing took black kids from their neighborhoods and culture. Before anyone says that was the past, remember, this is a presidential campaign, where every important detail of public and private life is placed under the microscope.

...oh, and then there's the Anita Hill issue...

So...someone on FB is going on about Biden being a pedo. I'm definitely not going to ask her what the hell, and I ain't gonna be tricked into Googling that mess, so does anyone have the quick and dirty about this?

There was a thing a while back about him with inappropriate hand placement when he had a meet and greet with a young girl at a photo op thing. And people were analysing his expression or something

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of campaigns, what's happening to O'Rourke?

Listening to the Chris Matthews of the world, one would swear that he's the next John or Robert Kennedy...no matter how outlandish the claim.

The media got tired of him a lot sooner than I expected. Buttigeig stole his fame.

Julian Castro has had a little burst of interest. They've announced the site and type for the first debate.

I think O'Rourke is changing tactics a bit but still the same. He's still got my vote. But I'm basically for whatever comes out of the primaries. A Trump presidency is going to suck for 4 more years with these silly trade wars and imagined issues at the border.

Also that article is kind of full of inaccuracies. He went to Yosemite on April 29. He's actually going to have a scheduled town hall with CNN May 21 at Drake University in Iowa and he's pretty much hit every county in Iowa. Right now he's trying to get his name out to lesser states that don't know him.

Speaking of campaigns, what's happening to O'Rourke?

Listening to the Chris Matthews of the world, one would swear that he's the next John or Robert Kennedy...no matter how outlandish the claim.

The media got tired of him a lot sooner than I expected. Buttigeig stole his fame.

Well, they are so desperate to see Trump defeated in 2020, that hitching the cart to an empty suit like O'Rourke (with a snowball's chance in Hell of winning) is a waste of time and resources.

They're all empty suits right now. They're just out their glad handing and talking. Meh. I think others have fallen farther.

O'Rourke just got done with an interview with Maddow and he was on the View this week.

I basically believe that anyone can run the White House now. As long as the world doesn't blow up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.