Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Everything feels dragged out because 2020 is the year without end, and yet we're already staring down the middle of August. The passage of time is warped. And we're all stressed out.

I cant believe how much since this isnt different from my normal life! Im back to square one in therapy, it seems, because its all about why do I feel this way? Time is getting very wibbley wobbly. Some weeks fly by in a day, others seem to take a month of Sundays. Weekends, after work and school nights have almost lost all meaning.

Im glad he floated the postponement idea so soon and glad it got bitchslapped down. Im hopeful hell lose, wont be shocked if he doesnt and am scared for this fall and winters coming fuckery no matter what happens in November.

I dont know why youre disappointed either. She was the only option.

In retrospect, she seems like the only option, but I was thinking she wouldn't be picked because she has the potential to upstage Biden. But now that it is done, good, and Biden can now focus on the election. It's his to win or lose at this point. Might not be a landslide, but I think Biden has this.

She doesn't draw young voters. A lot of young voters are going to move to Jojo Johnson. I guess it gets the black vote but some people are turned off by her "Cop" label. I know Biden doesn't want to do two terms. Is Kamala Harris really going to get Congress to move and work with her to fix all the Trump issues his GOP Senate created?

You and Pong are the only two people I've seen anywhere even talking about Jurgenson. I have a really hard time thinking it's going to happen this year. The number of undecided voters is slimmer this year than any election in my memory, and enough left leaning people are burned by what happened in 2016 and don't want a repeat.

Plus, we all know how much a pain in the ass Pong is.

As of now, Jurgenson is only getting any interest because of the whole bat thing. The idea that a Libertarian is going to somehow sweep up a number of potential young, liberal voters is asinine.

I love Bernie but I hate Biden so much that Im going to vote for someone who is literally the polar opposite! just doesnt happen.

She doesn't draw young voters. A lot of young voters are going to move to Jojo Johnson. I guess it gets the black vote but some people are turned off by her "Cop" label. I know Biden doesn't want to do two terms. Is Kamala Harris really going to get Congress to move and work with her to fix all the Trump issues his GOP Senate created?

Honestly, in this election, I have to say so what if she doesn't draw young voters. The choice is made and won't be unmade. Show me examples where Trump and Pence, 2 old white dudes who have divided and wrecked this country, are going to get more young voters than Biden and Harris.

If young people can't be motivated to vote in this election, nothing will motivate them. The "young vote" is so over rated, and honestly, is age-ist. Forget it. We should focus on the consistent voter, regardless of age.

Its important because young voters arent going to Trump, but Biden needs them. Simply put, the GOP is mostly homogeneous- youre always going to get GOP voters if youre a Republican. The Democratic Party is made up of a bunch of different groups, and the Democrats need those groups to show up if theyre going to win. And the group most likely to fall in love with a third party candidate are young people.

I understand every voter is important. But seriously, you can only lead a horse to water. Young voters are predominantly going to lean left. If they can't be motivated because of Kamala Harris, the first woman of color to be nominated as VP, what more can one do? Plus, like I said, TRUMP.

Serious reply, maybe it is a Texas thing? I know that most libertarians I've run across where I live, are usually my age or younger. It's left of the GOP, but contrarian enough not to be full on progressive. I am NOT a libertarian myself, but I have voted for a libertarian geek or two in my day, as a protest vote. But now is not the time for such nonsense.

As someone who lives in a very, very red area, being Libertarian is the easy way to be not Republican, but still be invited home for Christmas.

It sounds great in theory, until you find yourself unable to bootstrap your way out of a life situation. Then, youre fucked.

I think the bigger question is why the hell Spam thinks that a libertarian is going to attract young, liberal voters.

It's super weird but almost ALL of my Trump voting family who are under 35 are pulling for Jojo as it took Trump's pandemic response to finally flip that switch and show how bad Trump is at actually running something. She's getting some of the Bernie bots too. Statistically though it's just going to highlight how we have to change the election system so it's not longer two party.

I think anyone warning that the country could get worse is at this point just talking with historical perspective rather than doom and gloom. There is more than enough in Drumps history, and now his admins history, and also how his supporters continue to rationalize that Drump is always right, to line up with other countries which have fallen into autocracies and worse. Heck, just the other day Drump again called for a third term, and said he should get a do over for this term, and his supporters are again like yes yes yes. Also, he literally said he wanted to F with the Post Office because of the Election, backtracked, and his supporters are now saying it is all the new Leftist hoax. The patterns could be bet on, successfully bet on like Biff with a Book.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.