Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

I don't think it makes sense for Bernie and Pete to be on a ticket together, unless it's part of a compromise in a brokered convention, but I'm not sure that makes sense.

As of right now, I'm guessing Abrams will be the VP pick.

I'm going to say this as carefully as possible, and I don't mean it the way it may sound, but I don't think diversity in a ticket is as important as it once was.

We had a large part of the population who continually made up things to be upset with Obama about because of you know what, and there was just as large of a portion of voters who would have never voted for Hillary simply because she was a woman. 2016 was supposed to be this grand election in which a woman finally beat the final boss of sexism to break the glass ceiling, but we all collectively failed to make that happen. There just wasn't enough excitement for her specifically, and the push for the Orange Fuhrer contained far more radical excitement.

Obama didn't win twice because of the historic nature of his background, he won because he was able to build a brand and get both his base and a lot of undecided people excited. Both Bernie and Pete have that kind of momentum with their bases, and Pete certainly contains that historic and diverse factor too for his own reasons.

If getting a good candidate in office to oust Tweeto Cheeto is the goal here, I really don't think token gestures should be a motivating factor. It's just a distraction, and if it's put on a pedestal, it's going to turn off a lot of voters. It's got to be about issues that people care about and candidates that people want to get behind, which is why I think Bernie / Pete really is the way to go.

LOL early voting for the primary just started in Texas. I plan to vote today after school. I took a look at the democrat ballot. Corey Booker and some others who have dropped out are still on our ballot and there is one strange guy Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente listed for democrat for president. Wikipedia says he's a republican. Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente Guerra is an American businessman and perennial candidate. De La Fuente was the nominee of both the Reform Party and his self-created American Delta Party for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Elections are dumb.

There is also a lady running for local sheriff as a democrat who has a ton of indictments against her but she and her husband keep plugging along. Maybe when she's in the county jail and she wins she can run our sheriff's department from a cell.

I didn't watch it but it was mostly just bash bash bash. I am pretty sure in my mind now we're looking at a Warren Bernie ticket. It won't matter for me who comes out of this because I'm voting Democrat no matter what.

I love that Yang is now a media talking head.

Soo....according to Biden on guns:

"150 million people have been killed since 2007..." He was talking about Americans.

Okay.

The rest. Its been decades since i've witnessed a Democratic field this weak, many with highly questonable beliefs and/or backgrounds regarding racial issues (specifically black Americans), and pushing doomed-to-fail ideas, even if one managed to get into the White House.

Carry on.

Chris Christi told Colbert that Biden is like a filing cabinet with no files. He just reaches in and reads from a piece of loose paper. But in the end I think Biden at least understands the import of the job of president and if we're going to get someone spouting random wrong things (like Trump and the corona virus press conference) Biden will at least hire better people to run departments. *shrug*

Is it possible the COVID-19 virus could be Trump's Waterloo? Stock market is falling, bigly, and that's his only achievement. Co-worker also wondered, though, if we see it bloom here, how could it affect voting with people afraid to gather in public or too sick to vote? It's SO War of the Worlds!

If it reaches a point where people are afraid to go into public to vote in November, you might get your wish, Krawlie.

But haven't you heard? The whole coronavirus fear is just trumped up shenanigans to destroy the economy in an attempt to make Trump look bad?

I do not see Buttigieg dropping out as a stunner; he had no path to the nomination no matter how many Silicon Valley puppeteers backed him, or the number of debunked "I like black people" pleas he made. No in one in their right political mind ever thought he had a chance.

Klobuchar calls it a day, and will support Biden. The guy wins SC, and like frightened children, they run to get behind Branded Daddy Biden.

As for Tulsi,, she's been laying low. The hushed word within the DNC is that she will fight to make a speech at the convention, but aside from the Democrats using her for "strong woman" points, they have treated her like crap from the start, especially for going after Biden. If she's approached, she should turn it down and stop the bleeding (coming from begging for a seat at the table when the establishment Democrats never wanted her).

Klobuchar is out now too.

Do you guys think Tulsi has just forgotten she hasn't officially dropped out?

I'm not even sure which party she's running for. I've never spoken to a non-Republican who has any interest in her.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.