Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

She stands a chance, for sure. Biden has proven to be too Trumpian for my tastes, name-calling, lying about obvious facts, and the whole subpoena thing. Bleh. But he's still the most likely.

The rest of the field that actually stands a chance:

1. Bernie

2. Warren

3. Pete

4. Bloomberg

Bloomberg is probably the worst choice of the five when it comes to winning the White House. He has a lot of negative things that could keep Democrats from voting for him. Notably wealth and "stop-and-frisk."

If Pete can somehow win Iowa or New Hampshire, or comes in second in both, he stands a chance. He needs a big win before SC, though, otherwise he's likely dead in the water. Still, a great showing from a young guy with limited experience.

Bernie/Warren could go either way, but they could also split the field enough to eventually let one of the others win. If one of them drops out early enough, the other will almost definitely get the nomination, but since they're both top tier candidates I don't see that happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Technology had one job. And it failed. Sigh.

I guarantee that the developers working on the app repeatedly told their bosses that it wasn't going to work and they needed more time. It isn't the technology, it's the idiots who decided that rather than using a completely unhackable system (phone reporting) they had to use technology that didn't exist when they decided to use it.

And there's no benefit to what they wanted. Phone reporting worked. Hell, they could've had people text the results if they wanted to be more technological. Caucuses are the easiest thing to report.

Basically the national party convinced the Iowa Democrats to use an app to report the results of their caucuses. The app sucked and didn't work.

I really wanted it to work. Think how much things could change if we could vote by phone. I could do it at my desk instead of waiting and verify it and print the results or something. This was a test that hopefully helps future election processes. Or we could try and junk the current crap system and try something new.

I'm hoping for a Warren Pete ticket.

Ah, a ticket made up of a racial opportunist (Warren) with her offensive lies about Native American heritage which she did use to further her education and career, and a guy (Buttigieg) who not only has a terrible relationship with the black citizens of the town he runs, but to create a false idea of his having any traction in the black community, used a photo of a black woman and a child as "evidence" of black support of the Douglass plan, when that woman emerged to state she is not from America at all, and has not heard of the Douglass plan.

As mentioned elsewhere, he will not get the black vote, and nether will Warren, but hey, it would make the biggest presidential election year sideshow/disaster since Goldwater, so more power to them.

I think you're focusing too much on what's put out by media to describe Warren and Pete. Sure they've done those things but is it worse than the crap dude we have as president? To think we could have Hillary! Mayor Pete will have to focus on his record as mayor if it comes down to him and well, Warren has made statements about that Indian thing and it's like beating a dead horse on that subject. It won't matter what shakes out of the democratic tree. It's getting my vote because I can't take four more years of the swamp that moved into the White House. My biggest thing is to get the Senate blue again. The most worthless things on earth work there and make a lot of money.

Trump's courting the black voter block now. Honestly someone once told me that black people should move to the Yang Gang simply because of his promise of thousand bucks a month!

I think you're focusing too much on what's put out by media to describe Warren and Pete. Sure they've done those things but is it worse than the crap dude we have as president? To think we could have Hillary! Mayor Pete will have to focus on his record as mayor if it comes down to him and well, Warren has made statements about that Indian thing and it's like beating a dead horse on that subject. It won't matter what shakes out of the democratic tree. It's getting my vote because I can't take four more years of the swamp that moved into the White House. My biggest thing is to get the Senate blue again. The most worthless things on earth work there and make a lot of money.

Trump's courting the black voter block now. Honestly someone once told me that black people should move to the Yang Gang simply because of his promise of thousand bucks a month!

The difference is that Trump never sold himself as the "natural" / assumed friend / ally of black people (Buttigieg), and he's not pulling an offensive stunt like a privileged white woman pretending to be Native American enough to mention it for minority/woke credibility. To black activists in the know (IOW, not shills for the DNC), they see either as a genuine threat, since both have personal agendas that will never do a thing for the specific plight of black Americans.

Typical of their ilk, if anyone challenges them on black issues, they try to package it with every other group in the known galaxy (Warren), pretend they did not hear the questions (e.g. on reparations for descendants of African slaves) and/or claim climate is the biggest threat to black people (Sanders), not issues that have haunted/abused black populations and have noting to do with the effects of climate change. Then you have Buttigieg, who is scrambling to pretend to be their "bestest pal" when his entire record as mayor proves he's a manipulative ass harboring some race issues, but he's hoping his status as a media darling will either make black voters irrelevant (it will not), or shame them into supporting him.

You see 2020 in a "I just hate Trump / he's the worst ever" way (I've demonstrated how he--as a president--is far from the top of any "worst of" list in an older post), while others (black Americans) are so deeply invested in salvaging what future they have, but are openly acknowledging how the Left have repeatedly screwed them over for at least 4 decades, and continue to do so.

Biden abandoned NH today just so he could court the black vote in South Carolina. Probably Warren is the best option at appealing to them and she's done a lot of groundwork in SC too. The others are just coasting on their New England laurels knowing I think Bernie gets the younger core people to come out.

Some interesting tidbits:

Bernie still lives in a house that is no more or less than his neighbors. Everyone else owns homes that are higher in value and richer than say the average voter. Even Mayor Pete.

Iowa had flat voter turn out compared to 2016 for the caucus. No one turned out voters more than the last election cycle. Which does not bode well for Democrats. To beat Trump you got to get people involved and voting. And Iowa didn't do that.

Yeah, I liked him. Not enough to support him, but I'm not sure I could say I support anyone right now.

Bennet's gone too, which surprised me because I forgot he was still around.

Things aren't looking good for Warren. I wonder how long she'll stay in?

I'm also REALLY hoping that SC changes and Biden does poorly. That'd be the nail in the coffin for him, and he can go back to being an angry old man who insults people without me having to read about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.