Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Much as I love Bernie, this is why he can't be prez. He's 78 years old as of now. And we've all seen the job of POTUS age people ten times their years during their time in office. Just look at 2008 vs 2016 pics of Obama, or even Bush in 2000 vs 2008. It's like something out of a horror movie, or an undead critter in some RPG. Age 40 years in one tenth the time.

Good on Bernie for putting social democracy, or at least old fashioned new deal liberalism back on the menu, but the torch obviously needs to pass to someone younger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good riddance. The longer he stayed in the race and kept embracing stupidly extreme positions, the more he hurt his party.

Hopefully he'll disappear from politics completely.

Wait...we were supposed to believe empty suit O’Rourke was "Kennedy-esque" (yeah, sure) which naturally meant he was going to be the next president? Oh well, he's spit out enough idiotic statements that no matter how he tries to "adult" himself up over the next 4 years, those statements will be revisited.

I really expected him to do better, more because he seemed capable of running the type of style without substance campaign that wins elections. He probably would've done better if Buttigeig hadn't entered the race, but his campaign was almost comedic.

Beto did the right thing. I'm hoping he runs again for Senate or gets a cabinet seat. But this thinning of the field means we're down to Warren or Biden. I'm voting for whatever runs against Trump but I'd really like it to not be Biden or Warren. Hopefully more will drop out. But I'm starting to wonder if Trump can make it through to get elected in 2020. I mean he's already listed his home state as Florida. Where all crappy NE's go to retire!

He definitely can get reelected, and the Dems running for president aren't helping matters. Beto especially might as well have been campaigning for Trump, and Hillary should've stayed completely out of the limelight if she cared about defeating Trump.

The biggest problem is only psychopaths are going to run for president, so they only care about themselves.

The eventually nominee needs to avoid going after Trump and instead should ignore him completely. Hillary shouldn't have even done debates, because Trump is a completely different breed of politician. Typical politicians pretend to care and pretend to have shame, but Trump isn't going to pretend. That's what his base loves and what his enemies detest. Someone with shame can't go toe to toe against Trump with negativity. Unless you can catch him murdering someone or making out with Obama, there's no negativity that can touch him.

He isn't being removed from office and Democrats have every opportunity to lose the race again.

I am thinking health wise for Trump. He's already thinking retirement by declaring Florida as his state of choice. Currently we're paying Trump to go to a WS baseball game, UFC match and the LSU Alabama game. Plus his dumb rallies. His wall is a joke as you can cut through it with $100 power tools. And now his Ukraine issues. I am expecting this guy to exit right and reinvent himself as a bloated old dude living in a gated community in Florida denying climate change as green sludge sits in his canal and he's constantly deluged with rain to the point that water is up to his front door. We're watching his "winning" lap right now. If this guy was my boss at work I'd be doing more than passive aggressive things. I'd be actively rude to his face and looking for another job.

I may or may not be fooling myself but everything about this feels like he's gotten his feelings hurt one too many times and he's down to yes men who will fall on their swords for him but will promptly be forgotten. I don't think he has the stamina in his tiny little body surrounded by gluttony and will keel over soon with stroke because of his love of hot dogs and hamburgers. But I'm an optimist. HAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I'm down to Pete too, Tami. Castro is about to bow out.

Trump isn't moving his residence to Florida because he's thinking retirement. He's moving because he's thinking that he hates New York politicians and how they hurt his feelings.

• 4 weeks later...

Harris. What a joke. She had abuse allegations in her campaign, and she was going nowhere without the black vote (as I've always said, black Americans saw her as a non A.D.O.S. immigrant fraud pretending to be black when convenient). But in some way, she's claiming racism as one of the reasons she lost support. Really? Biden, who--the last time I checked--was as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost dipped in bleach--has strong black voter support. So, that makes Harris a liar.

Ah, but she's not finished, because she's hoping someone taps her as a V.P. pick. That would be disastrous. No one wanted her as a president, and they certainly do not want her one step away from the big seat.

Biden called someone fat for asking about Biden selling access to Obama by getting his son a job in Ukraine. His campaign says he said "facts" but that's Trump level lying. There's clear evidence of what he said, and resorting to name calling is unbecoming.

Harris. What a joke. She had abuse allegations in her campaign, and she was going nowhere without the black vote (as I've always said, black Americans saw her as a non A.D.O.S. immigrant fraud pretending to be black when convenient). But in some way, she's claiming racism as one of the reasons she lost support. Really? Biden, who--the last time I checked--was as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost dipped in bleach--has strong black voter support. So, that makes Harris a liar.

Ah, but she's not finished, because she's hoping someone taps her as a V.P. pick. That would be disastrous. No one wanted her as a president, and they certainly do not want her one step away from the big seat.

The Daily Show did a kind of informal interview with 6 black people in Atlanta. EVERY SINGLE one of those guys and gals said they see her as a cop not black.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.