Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Sadly, that is the truth. 2020 is shaping up to be another sh*t sandwich vs the giant douche. If Biden gets the nom, I'll vote for him, but the rest of these jokers will cause me to vote 3rd party again.

Harris tore your boy Biden a new one last night. She basically called him not a racist buuuuuuuuuuut...you we against forces busing, and she knew he couldnt say out loud forced busing was bad policy to that crowd.

Harris is already receiving backlash for her accusations, and when it comes to helping black people, she does not have much of le to stand on, considering her history as a prosecutor, and those it hurt the most. That, and a number of black activists are reminding people of what they've said all along: that Harris does not share their unique experiences as ADOS (American Descendants of Slaves), offers policies that would hurt that community, or try to lump their problems together with every group (she panders to), instead of addressing their specific problems that are quite separate from the usual package of Latinos and gays.

So, while Biden needed to be called out, Harris is as manipulator as ever, as she is the wrong person to act as the defender of anyone identifying themselves as ADOS.

As for the rest of the debate...rinse and repeat of promises the world knows they will not be able push through as president.

Debates are dumb at this point. But there is a lot of kind of warm friendly support AFTER the debate for other candidates. Castro defending another candidate, Biden defending Harris. We'll see what weak fruit drops from the tree by say by May next year.

They're starting a little sooner than the Republicans did in 2015, but just a couple of months. Probably hoping that it helps thin the herd faster and avoid another Trump situation where someone manages to get ahead without winning early states because the rest of the field is splitting the voters too much.

From that perspective, these debates are still important.

Well it helps that the DNC has changed the primary process.

How have the changes helped with anything that anyone has mentioned?

I was at my second job when I posted that and was actually going to link to the changes the DNC made. It was because of what happened with Bernie in the last primaries and the caucuses. But i had a chat and stopped. Meant to come back to that. Sorry. It was a change to the superdelegate rule. It doesn't really help much but I'm pretty sure we'll see more dumbness coming soon.

https://www.270towin.com/content/superdelegate-rule-changes-for-the-2020-democratic-nomination

... the party has made a significant change for 2020. Superdelegates will no longer vote on the first ballot at the convention unless there is no doubt about the outcome. To win on the first ballot, the frontrunner must secure the majority of pledged delegates available during the nominating contests (primary and caucus) leading up to the Democratic Convention.

Yeah, I'm aware of the changes, but if anything they're going to make this year worse.

If they had kept things the same, it would be easier to thin the herd.

Oh, goody. Now Beto O'Rourke is claiming he and his wife discovered they have ancestors who owned slaves. Funny how this did not come up earlier. Funny that in the wake of all things race & Kamala Harris at the second debate, everyone wants to become vocal/"woke" about race.

Clealy, this empty suit/skull is another Elizabeth Warren-eqsue racial opportunist, using the life experiences and pain of others to make himself relevant. It will be such a nice moment when he drops out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohio votes late enough in the primaries that I have less than zero interest. It's nice that we have open primaries though, so I can vote in whichever primary I most desire. 2016 I voted for Kasich, and I'll vote in the Democratic primary this year for whoever is the least nauseating when it gets here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So did anyone even try to stick with the 7 hour Climate Change debate CNN hosted. JESUZ! 7 Hours.

Colbert is having Mayor Pete on today but his interview of Biden was pretty good. Colbert asked a lot of hard hitting questions and Biden while better spoken than Trump reminded me of my grandpa.

So did anyone even try to stick with the 7 hour Climate Change debate CNN hosted. JESUZ! 7 Hours.

Colbert is having Mayor Pete on today but his interview of Biden was pretty good. Colbert asked a lot of hard hitting questions and Biden while better spoken than Trump reminded me of my grandpa.

I haven't watched late night TV in almost 10 years. It seems as if it there is a politician on these shows every week. I don't remember it being this way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.