How come all the accusations against Trump havent worked, then? I mean I know the man is bulletproof, but if anything was gonna work itd be that, right?
It's not for a lack of trying (remember the accusations of infidelity and watching women pee on each other?), but the #Metoo movement didn't hit its stride until after he was president, and when we get closer to the 2020 election, we may yet see additional accusations. Whether they work or not is anyone's guess. But here are a few possible reasons why I think #Me too hasn't worked on Trump, yet:
- Trump's base is loyal, and will vote for him no matter what. Also, they do not trust the press. To them, everything they say are lies anyway
- The vagina hat protesters back in 2016 shot themselves in the foot, and damaged the argument they were trying to advance that Trump was a woman abuser by looking and acting like childish idiots.
- Trump is a billionaire. Why force a woman to do something when he can pay her to do it?
- Stormy Daniels looking for a payday (or at least the perception of it) tainted any valid accusations from other women that may be out there against Trump.
- For the last couple years, people have been more focused on the Russia collusion investigation.