Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

384 replies to this topic

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,203 posts

has anyone seen Pong? I think he may have exploded

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,492 posts
I don't think it makes sense for Bernie and Pete to be on a ticket together, unless it's part of a compromise in a brokered convention, but I'm not sure that makes sense.

As of right now, I'm guessing Abrams will be the VP pick.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,936 posts
That woman is an embarrassment. My cousin lives just outside of Atlanta. He told me that a lot of blacks there see her as a sore loser.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

• 15,339 posts

I'm going to say this as carefully as possible, and I don't mean it the way it may sound, but I don't think diversity in a ticket is as important as it once was.

We had a large part of the population who continually made up things to be upset with Obama about because of you know what, and there was just as large of a portion of voters who would have never voted for Hillary simply because she was a woman.  2016 was supposed to be this grand election in which a woman finally beat the final boss of sexism to break the glass ceiling, but we all collectively failed to make that happen.  There just wasn't enough excitement for her specifically, and the push for the Orange Fuhrer contained far more radical excitement.

Obama didn't win twice because of the historic nature of his background, he won because he was able to build a brand and get both his base and a lot of undecided people excited.  Both Bernie and Pete have that kind of momentum with their bases, and Pete certainly contains that historic and diverse factor too for his own reasons.

If getting a good candidate in office to oust Tweeto Cheeto is the goal here, I really don't think token gestures should be a motivating factor.  It's just a distraction, and if it's put on a pedestal, it's going to turn off a lot of voters.  It's got to be about issues that people care about and candidates that people want to get behind, which is why I think Bernie / Pete really is the way to go.

• monkeygirl +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,885 posts

LOL early voting for the primary just started in Texas. I plan to vote today after school. I took a look at the democrat ballot. Corey Booker and some others who have dropped out are still on our ballot and there is one strange guy Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente listed for democrat for president. Wikipedia says he's a republican. Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente Guerra is an American businessman and perennial candidate. De La Fuente was the nominee of both the Reform Party and his self-created American Delta Party for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Elections are dumb.

There is also a lady running for local sheriff as a democrat who has a ton of indictments against her but she and her husband keep plugging along. Maybe when she's in the county jail and she wins she can run our sheriff's department from a cell.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,903 posts
Rockys been running for just about every office he qualifies for for years now. Dudes ****in weird

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,885 posts

I think the whole family is in on it. There's two Rocky's and a Ricky running!  I am learning up before I go vote in the primary.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,936 posts
Watched the debate for the hell of it. Bloomberg and Klobuchar got flustered. Can't believe it took so hour and a half for someone to call Bernie a commie.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,885 posts

I didn't watch it but it was mostly just bash bash bash. I am pretty sure in my mind now we're looking at a Warren Bernie ticket. It won't matter for me who comes out of this because I'm voting Democrat no matter what.

I love that Yang is now a media talking head. 

Justus

Justus

• 13,092 posts

Soo....according to Biden on guns:

"150 million people have been killed since 2007..."  He was talking about Americans.

Okay. 

The rest. Its been decades since i've witnessed a Democratic field this weak, many with highly questonable beliefs and/or backgrounds regarding racial issues (specifically black Americans), and pushing doomed-to-fail ideas, even if one managed to get into the White House. 

Carry on.

Reply to this topic