Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Cronkite, Rather, Sawyer, Jennings, Williams, Brokaw, Blitzer, Koppel, Pauly, OReilly, I could probably go on and on, have all been on late night talk shows. As to Jim Acosta being known enough to be interviewed, well, thank Trump for that.

Afterthought: Even Murrow appeared on a silly game show. He might have been on an early Johnny Carson Tonight Show, but I dunno about that for sure. Also these people are journalists, not politicians, oh sure they talk politics and are about that, but those are different things.

Because what's campaign season without debate number 4,567 there is another debate for the Democrats tonight. Only 10 candidates. And they've been asked not to swear because no seven second delay is happening. I'm going to watch Colbert tonight because his impression of Bernie Sanders is FANTASTIC.

"Sigh." - The slogan for the 2020 Democratic candidates.

Not a single, believable, doable thing uttered from the screamers. O'Rourke's ridiculous gun confiscation promise has as much appeal and a chance of working as the population of earth all lining up to be kicked in the head by a horse. Simply childish and unrealistic--like everything else coming from his mouth.

Warren's promise to tax the rich (and the struggling middle class--which she will not admit, but they are also her targets) to pay for (fill in the blank) has been barked time after time, and its rarely worked.

Harris? Whatever. She's not getting the black vote because so many of that community know she does not represent them (with her not being A.D.O.S.), and without it, she's dead in the water, unless Biden lives up to his tease of wanting a "non-white male" as a running mate.

Biden. What did he say?

The rest were just....the rest.

I think Biden's dentures fell at some point or he was eating.

Harris lost her fire.

Beto is going rogue! HAHAHAHA. I loved it. All these Texans are freaking out. Today at a gun shop close to my house it was a packed parking lot. I'm pretty sure a bunch of dumb rednecks are buying up a bunch of weapons they already have to bury in the backyard and are buying new Don't Tread on Me flags to fly around in their trucks. Honestly only a 1/3 of American's own guns. About 60% of American's have other things they'd rather spend their money on. Of the percentage that owns guns some of them still serve in the military or work for police departments or FBI or work/live where a gun would be needed like on a ranch but statistically the rest is gun nuts holed up in tiny territories that are about the population of people who want abortions or say are illegal immigrants compared to the rest of the US population. Basically I think I am okay with giving up the rights to own these weapons that can kill multiple people in moments. It would show that we are trying to do something at least. I'm pretty sure a cop would be much happier walking into a domestic violence situation without that being part of the scene.

1. I think Biden's dentures fell at some point or he was eating.

2.Basically I think I am okay with giving up the rights to own these weapons that can kill multiple people in moments. It would show that we are trying to do something at least. I'm pretty sure a cop would be much happier walking into a domestic violence situation without that being part of the scene.

1. Wow. Going for the "old man" barbs.

2. The fantasy of confiscating assault / military-styled weapons is not going to stop murders by firearms, as a motivated person can kill many with a pistol. History is flooded with examples: The so-named "Zebra" killers shot 14 people (some estimates claim as many as 73 victims) in one of modern history's most destructive acts of gun-related serial killings. No military-style and/or high capacity weapons were involved. Andrew Cunanan did not use any sort of assault rifle, yet he shot three people to death. The Menendez brothers? Their parents died just as quickly with a shogun as with any other kind of firearm. The point being that the advocates of confiscating guns know this--they always have, and understand that their acknowledgement of that will "naturally" lead to going beyond high capacity / military-styled weapons and move to regular rifles and small caliber arms, which is the evidence gun supporters (who are not all the "redneck" stereotype, but include dyed-in-the-wool East and Left Coasters who do not admit they are armed) have predicted all along.

In other words, they will continue to call out the true intentions of the would-be gun-snatchers, which is the reason last night's screaming will not go anywhere. Its politicized theatrics in the extreme.

But that's the thing, Justus. Many gun deaths are death by suicide for cops or poorly stored weapons that kill kids at home or home acts of violence or just gang initiations, more so than some kid who gets a hold of a gun and plots to kill people in public places. Cars started getting regulations and we have safer cars because of it. I dunno what the answer is but I bet people who are against being shot are thinking about Beto and his silly outburst. He's very passionate about this.

Beto is a moron. The stakes are too high for a potential Dem front-runner to go rogue with the guns ****. As much as the left all hate the word conservative, they have to play it safe to sway fence-sitters. Drawing an absolute line in the sand is just NOT SMART. With the pure hatred of Trump that exists, the Dems don't need to do much to get the left vote so they need to concentrate on people like me who sit in the middle. Hell, most of us middle-folk are ready to vote Trump out so it's the Dem's simple job just NOT to f*ck up now.

They will f*ck everything up if

A) they rip each other apart on the way to the DNC

B) give fuel to the GOP come election time

C) nominate someone that will inspire anger, ala Hillary.

Joe would perfect as a "safe" pick but quite honestly he's lost his mind at this point. And that's not an insult; dude is old and it's quite frankly not his responsibility anymore. He's been a good public servant for freaking ever, did his time and doesn't need 4 more years of that kind of stress. I feel bad for the guy

That's a legitimate strategy from the GOP. Make everyone hate the politicians so much that they'll be able to disband the government and let big business run everything.

I'm 99% sure I'll be voting for the candidate from the American Solidarity Party, which is socially right, fiscally left, and anti-death penalty. They don't stand a chance at winning, but I've spent 20 years voting for the least disgusting candidate, so when I found the ASP in 2016 it was wonderful.

I've been on both sides of the aisle. In my younger days I was even a registered republican. I shifted to dem. Now, I am a confirmed registered independent. I lean left on most social issues, lean somewhat right on foreign policy and financial issues, so overall I am right down the middle when it's all averaged out.

I HATE Trump. I think he is THE WORST in modern history. But I look at the dems who want to run for president. The one I come closest to wanting to support is Biden. The rest are just icky, or live in some alternate reality from me. Some even seem to be actively hostile towards my demographic group. They all seem like typical politicians practicing populist bread and circus politics, with ZERO intent on delivering. I'm all about fairness and diversity, and helping those who are under-served, especially the truly downtrodden and oppressed. But if presidential candidates like Buttigieg, Beto, Warren, Kamala Harris, and trollish radicals like Rashida Tlaib, AOC, or Ilhan Omar are going to not only be the future of the dem party, but the norm for the archetypes of the presidential and congressional candidates the DNC will field from now on, then the DNC has become unrecognizable to me and I want no part of it.

I so wish there were a true third party option. One not so radical and extreme to the right or the left, like both the GOP and DNC have become. I used to love following and talking politics on this site, even when it got into some heated discussions with people I absolutely would never see eye to eye in a million years, and despite sometimes even when I would get upset. At least I would learn something sometimes, or at least better understand where the other side was coming from. But now, NEITHER party has anyone WORTH talking about, let alone supporting!

Maybe that is the conspiracy between both parties: to get most people so fed up with politics that they lose interest and stop caring, so that those in power can just do whatever they are wont to do, without opposition?

Agreed, but in the absence of true leadership the loudest voice in the room will prevail. The Dems need to be reasonable to win.

• 3 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I was a staunch 3rd party voter until 2016. The stakes got too high to split votes. I hope things get somewhat sane again so I can go back to trying to break the two party system without worrying that Im breaking the whole country.

Id love to see the younger Dem candidates get viable. I feel like the top three are going to die from old age before we even get to the primary.

Sadly, Bernie had heart surgery. I'm praying for his recovery, and I'm glad to hear he's doing well, but I think this kills his chance. Which I'm okay with, because I don't think we need two angry old.men going up against each other in the general.

I'm 80% on voting third party, 20% on voting Democrat. Depending on what happens, the chance of me voting Dem increases. Impeachment will increase it, and jailing people who refuse to comply with subpoenas will make it 100%, if only to offset Trump sympathy votes.

I am wondering if we might end up seeing a split due to Trumpism and the Far Left. Ideologically it is essentially as if there are four parties right now, but just grouped under two names. Maybe it needs to be made official (well, of course, except for that probably only being a benefit for the more centrist members of both the GOP and DEM lol).

He had very little chance, for sure. But in a crowded field, someone polling third still stands a chance. Trump basically won the nomination by continuing to pull second or third while the front-runners fought it out and none of them could consistently win states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.