Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Harris has a growing problem of not being nor representing real black Americans, or as the critics call themselves, A.D.O.S. (American Descendants of Slaves). This group of black voters see her as another Obama--someone not fully connected to the experience/lineage of slaves and all they and descendants suffered and built to make this nation--but go out of their way for every other group--a common criticism of Obama.

From professors to the most grass roots of individuals, their presence is growing (just look up Kamala Harris / ADOS on YouTube), so much so that the world's most honest news outlet--MSNBC--attempted to delegitimize her critics as Bots (here we go again). This movement is also the main supporters of reparations for A.D.O.S., and despite Harris claiming she's in favor of that, her support is seen as an attempt to con black voters into backing her, since she has no chance without this voting block.

Interesting times.

All of these candidates are descending on South By Southwest. Talking about busting up big business tech giants.

The Silicon Valley tech sector is notorious, perhaps rightly, for its anti-conservative bias. Deplatformings, cancellation of service and so on happen to the righties much more frequently.

Which leads us to a weird kind of place. You now have an element of the right that is calling for regulation of capital and even discovering a kind of solidarity as they band together to weild influence in the face of corporate power, that's actually become hostile to them. The "left" meanwhile somehow manages to channel the spirit of Ayn Rand when they defend corporation's rights to hire, fire, censor and refuse business to whomever they wish, if it's some "alt right" figure or another that they're doing it to.

All of these candidates are descending on South By Southwest. Talking about busting up big business tech giants.

The Silicon Valley tech sector is notorious, perhaps rightly, for its anti-conservative bias. Deplatformings, cancellation of service and so on happen to the righties much more frequently.

Which leads us to a weird kind of place. You now have an element of the right that is calling for regulation of capital and even discovering a kind of solidarity as they band together to weild influence in the face of corporate power, that's actually become hostile to them. The "left" meanwhile somehow manages to channel the spirit of Ayn Rand when they defend corporation's rights to hire, fire, censor and refuse business to whomever they wish, if it's some "alt right" figure or another that they're doing it to.

In this case, the snowflakes are on the right, and they're in the wrong. Political opinion is not a protected class, and it shouldn't be. Yes, it's hypocritical of the left, but it's equally hypocritical of the right, that typically believes in the right of private industry to do what they want, and regularly decries anyone who complains about anything as a snowflake. But Trumpism includes a lot of victimhood, and the right is now fully in Trump-land.

Jesus Christ, Im glad I said my piece and ghosted for awhile.

SPAM! YOUR MAN DECLARED HIS CANDIDACY!

Also, Im finding the Yang Gang interesting.

You and Pong. He's been pushing some Yang talk on Facebook. Me, well I am ecstatic about Beto announcing today. Already got my sticker and lawn sign even though I can't put it out in my condo complex. Beto made Texas a swing state. No candidate is perfect. But mine goes to Metallica concerts and community colleges and does town halls and understands the border crisis more so than the current dude in office.

Jesus Christ, Im glad I said my piece and ghosted for awhile.

SPAM! YOUR MAN DECLARED HIS CANDIDACY!

Also, Im finding the Yang Gang interesting.

You and Pong. He's been pushing some Yang talk on Facebook. Me, well I am ecstatic about Beto announcing today. Already got my sticker and lawn sign even though I can't put it out in my condo complex. Beto made Texas a swing state. No candidate is perfect. But mine goes to Metallica concerts and community colleges and does town halls and understands the border crisis more so than the current dude in office.
When I saw him talk about how he liked Smashing Pumpkins "until they became pretentious" I just shook my head. I could picture him talking at a Metallica concert about how Lulu was an under rated and bold album.

In all seriousness though, he's running for a vice president opportunity. Dems don't take too kindly these days to rich white boys.

Nope. He's gonna be president. Not saying that because I'm a fan, but because he absolutely is the stereotype that Republicans fall in line and Democrats fall in love. Plus he's relatively conservative, which will help him in the general.

At this point he just needs to feed the cult of personality and avoid talking about anything of substance for as long as possible. His positivity, if he can keep it, is also a great foil to Trump's negativity.

You might end up being right, and while I would personally love a far left president, I dont think theres a chance in hell of one winningin 2020 at least. I also think the party knows this and will try its best to get one of the more moderate candidates to win the nomination. Anecdotally, what Ive seen on both my personal life and throughout the web on left leaning sites and social media, theyre gung ho to support whomever ends up with the nomination, even if its not their personal choice, simply to beat Trump. Im on board with that myself.

Have to disagree with you, and agree with Met on this one. Beto has no chance in hell to get the dem nod. He may be selected as the VP ticket, but I would be surprised if even that happens. IMHO, the dems will select either a female or minority male candidate. They want someone as anti-Trump as possible.

That and he's not about anything. Just repeating the same kind of left-of-insane ideas that no one ever running for president turned into victory. He's got a number of choice statements that will be used against him by those who support the anointed Democratic candidates.

My feelings are wee bit hurt by the late night talk show hosts making fun of Beto. Is he finely crafted and polished? No. Does he say weird awkward things? Yes. But I like him so much better than anyone else running in the field right now. He's very animated when he talks and uses his hands a LOT. He's Bernie Sanders without the Bernie-bots as his supporters are more middle of the roaders who appreciate that Beto is more positive than mean. Beto brings a lot to the field though. So I disagree with a lot of what you guys are saying. Right now because it's all about donation money he is pushing for people to donate - which I did and I volunteered my time - but some people that have been working on his campaign against Ted Cruz are actually pretty savvy and I think it will help elevate Democrats to ingratiate themselves to him and his campaign. He was 3 points away from beating Ted the lizard man Cruz in freaking Texas. A lot of outside non-PAC corporation money came to his campaign against Ted Cruz from people not in the state. You want people who are socially savvy and able to defend Democrat causes right now and not sound like crazed lunatics and sway middle of the road voters to come back to the Democrat fold.

Other than refusing PACs for his Texas campaign, what has he done that makes him so appealing to you? Do you care about any of his political stances?

He understands a lot about border issues like immigration being from El Paso. Right now that and his stance on DACA and immigration reform and health care and minimum wage are good. He served on the El Paso city council for about 6 years and was a congressman after that. He's a safe middle of the road guy and pretty conservative. He's worked with others from across the aisle like Will Hurd. He is for improving immigration and how it works. He does not want the border wall and thinks money would be better spent helping the Border Patrol with better technology. He wants to improve how we do immigration because he's seen the strain that happens with support systems such as Catholic charities which end up helping immigrants once they are released from processing. In November 2014, O'Rourke opposed Obama's deferred action policy that used an executive action to bypass Congress in order to spare approximately 5 million undocumented immigrants from deportation, saying "the motive is noble, but the means are really hard to stomach." So I think he also wants secure borders.

He has actually funded other Democrats election bids with his own money through donation.

He is pushing for a $15 minimum wage.

He believes in term limits. He actually pledged to only serve in Congress for 12 years. Which I agree with. He's actually broken with Pelosi on this when it came time to chose a minority leader and he backed Tim Ryan. Saying it was time for new leadership.

He has served on some key committees. He has voted against giving money to Israel which I think was right for Iron Dome missile defense and actually did not attend Israeli prime ministers speech to Congress. But mostly because he thinks we should not give money all crazy to them but have some debate about it and how it will be spent.

His biggest obstacle is he has taken oil money in the past and some of his voting record may not bear some scrutiny. But honestly it's Texas. If a person has not taken oil money in government then he isn't Texan. The other thing some people might not like about him is he wants gun control.

You and Pong. He's been pushing some Yang talk on Facebook.

Oh, I dont mean Im in the Yang Gang - I dont know all that much about him, tbh. But when I do see him in the news, its because the 4chan and reddit alt-right are the Yang Gang, apparently they even have a presence on /r/TheDonald.

Im not entirely convinced that crowd had as much to do with getting Trump in the White House as they seem to think they did, but I do find it interesting that they didnt get whatever it was they thought Trump would bring, so theyre backing a minority Democrat running on Universal Basic Income and Medicare for All? I am starting to think that Trump 2020 may not be as secure as we all thought it was.

I've never believed that Trump 2020 is secure. A halfway decent candidate could've beat him in 2016, and he's deeply unpopular with a good percentage of the country. Really, the biggest issue is turnout. That's why AOC won her primary, and.she won the general because a Democrat was winning her district no matter what. But a large portion of the country is voting for one of the parties consistently, even if they claim to.be independent, but especially those people are more likely to stay home if their party fields a poor candidate. The reporting on the polls and general lack of understanding of basic statistics lead people to believe Clinton was a lock-in, so the people who weren't excited for her felt no need to go vote for her.

Some see what I've always known about O'Rourke as a candidate:

Beto O’Rourke’s immigration plan: No wall, few specifics

Beto 2020 Has No Reason to Exist

There's more gems from this empty suit, who is also asking the public to give including his idiotic comments about the Constitution.

Then, there's:

"We’ve never been more divided or polarized, more driven by partisanship,"

He's either the most open liar or the candidate most ignorant of history (to highly offensive levels) ever. Sooo, in his well-educated estimation, America is more divided than the years leading up to and during the Civil War? More divided and partisan than the decades of Civil Rights battles, where many advocates (and random individuals) were routinely murdered, with everyone from state senators, governors, local law enforcement, the FBI and CIA (just ask MLK about that) were spying on / disrupting civil rights groups and targeting members?

Mm-hmm.

That single, Left-boogeyman-BS quote is all any opponent would need to flatten him--while reminding those who either suffered In truly divided times, or are related to people who did--how the too many of the modern day left will lie about anything to push fantasy rooted in fear.

Trump would love to run against this one.

He's a wolf in sheep's clothing! Also I am still backing Beto. There's literally nothing on his website that details any plans - check daily. We've made it 2.33 years with the GOP version of WINGING IT why not Beto!? When things get more serious than about raising money and doing meet and greets and kissing babies, Beto will be forced to nail down some policy and stick with it. Even Obama and the Bush's promised things that never happened. Clinton too. So basically screaming about this or that is meaningless to me. Perhaps I am desensitized to all this because of the hyperbole of people reacting to Trump or Bernie. But none of the other candidates appeal to me more than Beto.

Your attachment to Beto is fascinating to me. As far as I can tell, it’s mostly that you like him because you like him. Which has been the deciding factor in at least the two most recent presidents. People like them and then find reasons to support them. If Beto can mass produce that, and I think he can, he’ll win.

As for what Trump wants, the guy is a complete moron who needs to at least triple his Big Mac consumption for the good of the country. Who cares what he wants?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.