Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

This guy sounds promising once you dip into his story and ideas... but he doesn't exactly have the recognition right now that would make him an early front-runner.

He, and candidates like him, are going to have to dip into the AOC campaign playbook to get any recognition against the old guard.

I'd love to see Fox News handle him, though - they're so into UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR OUR TROOPS AND VETERANS, and Buttigieg definitely is that... along with being a gay millennial Democrat, their three least favorite things.

Obama was a mediocre president. He didn't do anything particularly outstanding, but he did have class and was competent. I don't think being linked to Obama by itself is a bad thing, necessarily. He is polarizing, but mostly to people who wouldn't vote Dem under any circumstances anyway.

My whole family and quite a few people in my IRL social circle HATE Obama with a really outsized passion (thanks to Fox News, mostly), but were gung-ho for Bernie... until Hillary got the nomination, and they swung Trump, because they hate Hillary even more than they hate Obama.

These same people who went Bernie-to-Trump then ended up voting Democratic in the midterms. My Fox News obsessed, still supporting Trump grandma adores Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan's new democratic governor.

The thing I hear most from my admittedly small sample of midwestern swing voters is that they're sick of the politics as usual, bunch of super wealthy career politicians in their alabaster towers who are completely ignorant of what the average American goes through on a daily basis and yet make decisions on "our" - but really large corporations and wealthy donors's - behalf. It wasn't "Build the Wall" that excited them about Trump, it was "Drain the Swamp," which is why I think it's so funny that Trump is grandstanding about the wall, thinking that's what everyone wants, after he loaded up his administration with wealthy corporate fat cats after being voted in on the promise of not doing that.

Biden is "the Swamp," just like Hillary was "the Swamp." If the Democratic Party is smart, they'll find a candidate who balances out progressive stances with more centrist stances, and who has little if any ties to the Democratic Establishment of the Clinton and Obama governments.

Her election was one of apathy. Only 13% of voters showed up for the primary. Not saying Crowley would have won it more voters showed up, but the ones that did didn't want him. The Republican who ran against her was a mess, not to mention that district wasn't voting Republican.

So, you're saying that the voters in her district either a. did not care enough for any candidate on the ballot so they decided to just pass on voting completely or b. did go to the polls and voted for her.

That certainly sounds like she was voted in because people are frustrated by a system that isn't working for them to me.

A bit of both. Most of the elections in that part of NY had really bad turnout. Crowley didn't really campaign. I think he didn't show up for debates as well. There is enough evidence to show Crowley lost the election for himself just as much as Cortez won. Once she won the primary she was guaranteed to win because registered Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to

1 in that district.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow Trump will be in El Paso for a rally to show how we need a wall. Tomorrow Beto O'Rourke will be having an alternate rally talking about how safe the city is and how it doesn't need additional walls. And he MAY announce something HUGELY. I wanna call out and drive 8 hours west to be there.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/kamala-harriss-snoopgate-is-what-a-political-marijuana-controversy-looks-like-in-2019/

When I first heard this I just thought "why do politicians feel the need look cool?" Hillary did this on Charlemagne's show when she said she carried around hot sauce in her purse. You look silly pandering like that. Now the has become a partisan battle on Twitter it seems. The reactions these days are more telling than the stories.

I think times are changing. So a lot of people shrug off pot admittance. It's not like when Bill said he never inhaled.

At the rally for the Wall for Trump a reporter was attacked by a Trump supporter. Meanwhile Beto's rally was nice, polite and very wholesome. A lot of my friends drove 8 hours west to be at the rally and said it was neat to be at the anti-wall rally.

It's not admitting to smoking pot. It's the trying to look cool by saying you did it listening to Biggie and 2Pac when they hadn't released albums yet. Trust me, my roommates in college didn't need any specific music to smoke pot to. Thankfully they only smoked it at parties. At least she didn't say she was listening to Afroman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.