Democratic Presidential Campaigns for 2020

Ms. Spam

Yeah I agree, 2020 is probably going to be another s*** show. Both parties sicken me these days, and the dems seem to think there are enough "anybody but Trump" voters that they don't have to work for it. I am sad to say I may just sit this election out.

My easy six part plan to fix politics:

1. Abolish political parties

2. Add eight year term linits to all electable positions

3. Ban lobbyists

4. Political position salaries should be consummate to other civil/government jobs and be capped

5. Everyone gets a pony

6. Running for President should require a minimum amount of 16 years of political/military/civil service.

My easy six part plan to fix politics:

1. Abolish political parties

2. Add eight year term linits to all electable positions

3. Ban lobbyists

4. Political position salaries should be consummate to other civil/government jobs and be capped

5. Everyone gets a pony

6. Running for President should require a minimum amount of 16 years of political/military/civil service.

1 and 3 would require abolishing the 1st Amendment.

Not necessarily.

I'm not saying politicians couldn't express their political views or that they should be censored for them. I'm talking more about removing political party associations from ballots. So people don't blindly vote for "their" party in all respects. Politicians can still self-identify however they please. I want to force both the people and politicians to make educated votes instead of relying on partisan duty.

Lobbying hides behind the first amendment ideas of petitioning the government with ideas and grievances. I'm talking about paid lobbyists who are basically funning deep-rooted bribery schemes. It requires more regulation and scrutiny. They live in a loop hole.

Also, I asked for a pony so I'm clearly being glib and know these are impossible things.

I actual agree with Tank's ideas, aside from the one about military experience. I can certainly see why someone would want that, and I used to hold that exact same opinion myself, but . . . well, I don't care to voice an extremely unpopular opinion here that will ruffle everyone's feathers.

If you want ponies, you would love Vermin Supreme.

There are a lot of career military people who are as bad as or worse than Trump. The only benefit I see of requiring service is to stop people from having the right to self-govern.

Don't you have a slinky somewhere that needs to be straightened?

The Amendment means "to change a previously decided thing." The Constitution is a living document. In Lincoln and Roosevelt's respective times we did not live in a pop culture driven society wherein a mentally ill game show host could be elected president.

Just as we've changed the Constitution before to keep with modern thinking in terms of equal rights, so she we keep the Trumps, oprah's Kanye's and Clooneys the eff out of the White House.

Unless, you know, like Arnold, Reagan, Ventura, or Al Franken they go off and put in time as a state politician first.

I'm not completely unsympathetic, even if I would come out on the other side. 16 years is a pretty long time for one. Half the presidents we've had wouldn't qualify under those standards if not for military service, and I don't think we're likely to see many veterans running for president in the future simply as a matter of them making up less and less of the population (not to mention women even less likely to be among their ranks).

For one, a personal favorite of mine, Nikki Haley, still doesn't qualify despite possessing a pretty deep resume.

Which would basically leave career politicians for the most part, or at least someone that's just been a government employee for whatever reason. Maybe something that requires some sort of stepping stone prior to running for president. A few years would at least keep out the cranks.

I'll also point out that campaigns and selection process were often more vapid in the 19th century than they are today if you can believe it.

I wouldn't vote for somebody with just military experience personally, it's just the idea of prolonged service for the country as a foundation for running the country.

I feel this way about food service. You can't eat in a restaurant until you have done some work in a restaurant. Then you would understand why you need to be nice and not dickish.

I've seen arguments recently that the number of representatives in the House of Representatives should be increased to make the chamber more, uhh... representative. It's been capped at 435 since 1911, but our population has grown a good bit since then. The bonus effect (on top of better representation) would be that the Electoral College would much more likely track the popular vote.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.