Did you decorate for Christmas?

Metropolis

Inside and/or outside. My wife loves to decorate. When we bought our house the years ago I took it upon myself to take care of the outside. I'm not Clark Griswalding it, but I like for it to look good. I had to replace a lot of lights because the warm white lights and cool white lights do not look good together.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yes.

Outdoor: I ran a few strings of lights around some front windows and on the porch. Nothing crazy, and no blow up decorations.

Indoor: Two Christmas trees: a 3 foot and a 5 foot tree, both artificial. Nothing too crazy there, either. I love decorating trees and have a bin of Hallmark ornaments I always look forward to hanging.

Geez, way to spread holiday cheer by stealing a ladder clearly set up to decorate for the holidays.

We have a 6' tree, and a little 3' tree in the front window since you can't see the big tree from the road. We also have a few family pictures that are clearly Christmas themed that we put in Christmas frames and display seasonally.

I bought one of those laser dot projector things last year, but haven't been arsed to dig it out and set it up this year.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Each year I buy an ornament that is unusual to put on my tree. I am looking this year when the huge discounts happen I can pick up some cool lights to put out. I bought a fantastic tree skirt last year and was excited to use it but just so tired.

I kind of do the same, though a lot of mine are geeky ornaments that aren't exactly rare. Years ago I bought a bunch from someone off of Craigslist cheaply.

We are about a 6 or 7 on the Griswold scale, not too crazy but we clearly love Christmas. Everything goes up right after Thanksgiving and stays up until the weekend after New Year's. My husband has scaled back on the lights the last few years. LEDs aren't cheap.

In our area, hiring people to put up and take down your lights is a thing. I think it's how the window guys stay busy in the winter. We haven't done it, but if we did, we would probably have twice as many lights.

We have a 6 or 7 foot tree, fake. I can switch the lights from white to colored! I wish we could easily post pictures here, I love my tree. Otherwise I mostly line my mantle with all the Christmas cards we get.

My wife loves Christmas, so we decorate inside and out. Start with the inside. Wife built a 3-level shelf that fits on the landing of our bay window. On this shelf, she has a village that she puts up each year. She has a map of where every building, tree, person, etc. should be placed. The village extends to the entertainment center where the TV is. There are, also, garland everywhere, lights galore, etc. Every single room, including the basement and main bathroom, is decorated. She even has these Scentsy warmers that she changes out to Christmas-oriented ones. Inside...... Everywhere. Of course, there is a tree to put up and decorate with more than just bulb ornaments.

As for the outside, I take care of that. Lawn decorations, icicle lights on the gutters, garland and lights on the front steps, lights going across the top of the garage, laser display lights shot onto the house (2 of them), wreaths on the front door and the above the garage.

This all takes us multiple days to complete, starting the day after Thanksgiving. They all stay up until early January.

We've got three cats, so our decorations usually consist of a bunch of tacks nailed to the wall in the shape of a Christmas tree and some lights wound between them to form the shape of a tree. Far easier to maintain with three fluffy arseholes waiting to jump on anything new. The rest is usually just lights in the window, round the bottom floor and some decorations up the stairs, but because of the refurbishment, the sum total of our decorations this year consist entirely of a wreath on the front door and another hanging in the window. They should be done today though, so we'll have our kitchen back for Christmas :)

My wife loves Christmas, so we decorate inside and out. Start with the inside. Wife built a 3-level shelf that fits on the landing of our bay window. On this shelf, she has a village that she puts up each year. She has a map of where every building, tree, person, etc. should be placed. The village extends to the entertainment center where the TV is. There are, also, garland everywhere, lights galore, etc. Every single room, including the basement and main bathroom, is decorated. She even has these Scentsy warmers that she changes out to Christmas-oriented ones. Inside...... Everywhere. Of course, there is a tree to put up and decorate with more than just bulb ornaments.

As for the outside, I take care of that. Lawn decorations, icicle lights on the gutters, garland and lights on the front steps, lights going across the top of the garage, laser display lights shot onto the house (2 of them), wreaths on the front door and the above the garage.

This all takes us multiple days to complete, starting the day after Thanksgiving. They all stay up until early January.

wow! That sounds like a ballache! Im sure it looks lovely though

I've had trouble this year with the weather. Rained hard one night last week and shorted out both outside outlets o had my lights in. I just plugged them into long extension cords and ran them to the garage. Yesterday it rained more than it did during hurricane Irma. I checked on one of the timers and it was full of water. I tried fixing it, but it stopped working completely. Now I'm water proofing everything.

Last year a rain shower shorted out those outside recepticles, but came back on after flipping the breakers. No such luck this year. I even replaced the outlets and nothing. Now I have to call an electrician.

I'll admit it does look good. But, I have to walk on eggshells around this time. Things went smoothly this year, but the wife is still stressing out.

By the way, she bakes all different kinds of Christmas cookies, as well. About a dozen containers filled with them. We give a lot away to friends and family to enjoy.

Also, when stuff gets put away, my wife has a map/diagram of how things are put away in the special Christmas closet. That's for the inside stuff. For the outside stuff, I just take down and put away in the garage. In tubs, and on shelves.

I feel like a slacker. My out door lights took less than 20 minutes to hang!

Looks good. I might post some pictures. We changed the color scheme from purple (her face) and green(my face) to a more traditional red and green.

This was last year Christmas before we opened presents. If we had money back for all the ones the kids never touched after that day.

Last minute shopping sucks.

I hear ya.

I have to pick stuff up and somehow make it to my mother in laws by 12. I work 35 minutes away and dont leave until 11:30

My shopping got messed up because my wife locked her keys in the van so I had to detour home to get the second set. I ordered some alternatives through Amazon Prime Now to be delivered tonight, along with stuff for breakfast tomorrow. Doing crepes, so I have some fruit and Nutella. Kids are either going to be in heaven or refuse it completely.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.