Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

Iceheart

• 4 weeks later...

Finally saw it.

To,e travel stuff didn't bother me because it seemed like nobody knew how time travel would really work. There was no Doc Brown who could explain everything.

Bro Thor was awesome. I don't think he was returning to his original, pre Thor 1 state. He was acknowledging that he isn't the best person for the job, even those he's supposed to be. Totally okay,

I also got the feeling that Thor was messed up by murdering Thanos. He wasn't killing in battle, or to defend anyone, but straight up murdering for revenge. If anyone has ever deserved the death penalty, it's Thanos, but I thought it seemed like it still bothered him when he brought it up later.

Also, Brie Larson was distractingly bad in this. She's good, I liked Captain Marvel, but she seemed like just someone off the street hired to read some lines. Someone with no acting background.

And she can fly through a spaceship but needs every woman from the MCU to protect her?

I don't know. I get that she was new, but it still struck me as community theater level acting. She took me out of the story entirely.

'So what are you going to do? Get another haircut?'

LOL

Actually, I was hoping for more Captain Marvel. It was striking how putting that 'glove' on impacted Prof Hulk and Stark.

3 hours long, and I was NEVER bored. Not for a single second. It got very good, and intense, when Thanos from the past started figuring out what the Avengers were doing.

I really hated that line, it felt like Batman blaming Wonder Woman for the worlds problems in Justice League... dismissive and sexist. I feel like Danvers wasnt really wanted in the story by the writers. I feel like she was just brushed away so they can focus on the characters they wanted to deal with. I feel like Danvers should have just been a Snap casualty and then comes back Final Snap like an unannounced wrestler running into the ring to whoop some ass... a tide turner... especially since they basically did that anyway. I felt like Danvers suffered the same fate as Luke in the ST whereby he was too powerful and they just couldnt figure out what to do with him... /or Martys girlfriend in Back to the Future 2. I feel like I have said this before though and I am just too old man to remember.

I really hated that line, it felt like Batman blaming Wonder Woman for the worlds problems in Justice League... dismissive and sexist.

Sounds exactly how Rocket probably meant it. Rocket is a pretty terrible.. person?

I feel like Danvers wasnt really wanted in the story by the writers.

She probably wasn't wanted, but the suits insisted, so she's in. Her only significant part was rescuing Tony and Nebula. Otherwise the film would have been better without her.

Speaking of Thanos, apparently he's as strong without the power stone as he is with it. That was interesting.

And yes, Captain Marvel is a much better character when she isn't speaking.

I don't think he is as strong without the power stone, he just didn't really use it in Infinity War. The fight he had with the Hulk for example, he never used it. - it didn't glow once during the fight, which is how we know he has used a stone. On the other hand, when he grabs it from the gauntlet in Endgame he essentially knocks out Captain Marvel, who just displayed her raw strength is way above Thanos.

That scene also gave me the impression that when he has the gauntlet on he doesn't absorb the power, he just has the ability to use the power externally.

And she can fly through a spaceship but needs every woman from the MCU to protect her?

That's honestly the only scene that took me out of the movie. It really felt like a studio interference scene. . .every woman shows up out of nowhere for no apparent reason, half of them never having anything at all to do with one another, to assist the most powerful character we've seen so far in the MCU? If anything, it defeated what they were trying to achieve with the scene. "See, look, we are all about girl power!! Anyway, enough of that, back to our three white male protagonists. . ."

Yeah, it was awkward. Maybe just the way they did it. But then again we get bro team shots in various bro movies throughout bro history so... maybe us... bros... giggling at it or thinking it was awkward is in itself revealing.

As for Rocket saying that line, there is total merit in the point that an asshole said it. I do agree. Just it also felt, well, as awkward or whatever as the girl power moment. I dunno. Whatever. Still hate it.

I'm incapable of hating anything about Rocket. If you combined Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau and put them inside a raccoon, and made them incredibly violent, you would have Rocket.

The Girl Power shot was just done horribly. If it had been all men it still would've been the worst moment in the movie. In the middle of a warranty you suddenly get a huge group popping up like Muppets coming up behind the brick wall to protect the most powerful person present?

It's gets lost that Scarlett Witch had Thanos before he ordered the Sanctuary to fire onto the battlefield.

That was an awesome scene. I love her.

In Infinity War the girl power moment was a pretty good fight scene. In Endgame it was a line and shot that was made moot when Captain Marvel just barreled her way through Thanos' army. She didn't need the backup. I half expected someone to say "You go do you girlfriend".

Maybe Im not doing a good enough job explaining why I hate that line but also can like Rocket. I do agree that Rocket is a classic, cutting wit, comedic throwback and that is great. However every hero had a different look. Well, except for Rocket really, I guess. The entire universe just got borked, heroes are all off trying to do whatever they can for whoever. And then the new character (to this film universe), a woman, praised and marketed as we got one too type of thing (strong silent hero)... she is demeaned. Her efforts, whatever they are out there in space, are disregarded. All done without cause, they have shown us nothing that should warrant this character being demeaned and disregarded this way. It isnt even a compare and contrast dig like what Tony throws at everyone, eg. Lebowski and Point Break. What happened to Danvers was purely ripping her look and disregarding her heroism.

I get why you don't like it, I just think that it's completely in character for Rocket. He's not against using physical appearance as a basis for insults. He calls Quill fat, he refers to Mantis as the girl with the antenna. I think that focusing on his line and saying that one went too far is silly.

Heck, the demeaning part was not contacting her when they made the time heist plan. They didn't even think about her.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.