Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

Iceheart

Theory I had earlier after my second viewing: the use of the stones twice on earth triggers a latent recessive gene carried by some people, causing them to develop certain mutations. Then, you can slowly roll out mutants. Storm in black panther 2, for example.

I love it, but we've passed the point of seeing the big guns rub elbows. A vs X now would be all second stringers. When they do reboot the X-Men they're going to have to wait before rolling out Logan, it's so hard to separate the character from Jackman.

I was wondering if Cap returned the soul stone, does she get to come back?

That whole scene with Thor and Hawkeye I thought was to drive home the fact that there was no reversing the sacrifice for the soul stone.

If I'm being honest I think that Infinity War was a better movie. Endgame though delivers the payoff for those who have seen all of the movies.

- when you think about it you can't help but think that Marvel has gotten to a point to where they can do fat Thor for almost the entire movie and get away with it.

- I'm not sure how much I like them rewriting the rules of time travel for their own purposes. Though for the sake of what they were doing it worked and sets up future events.

- I had hoped that Tony would live, but I knew for the greater good he had to die.

If Krawlie hadn't brought it up i would have never thought about why Spider-Man and Ned were still in high school.

I live for Thorbowski. I hope he stays fat. Was Hemsworth just tired of getting super-cut? I mean, he's never NOT in shape, but super-hero muscles are another level.

Also, forgot that there is a Wanda/Vision TV show coming, so Vision must be coming back. I mean, he is an android, there could be backups.

Just got back from seeing this. I think they did a wonderful job of wrapping it all up especially given the enormity of the undertaking.

Things I'm not ashamed to admit:

I misted up at "on your left" along with everyone else with functioning tear ducts. I shed a few tears when everyone started coming through the portals. But I damn near bawled like a baby at "she's got help".

I'm really disappointed Cassie's stepdad didn't come busting through the front door to hug Scott.

I totally Googled "random kid at Tony Stark's funeral" when I got home.

I live for Thorbowski. I hope he stays fat. Was Hemsworth just tired of getting super-cut? I mean, he's never NOT in shape, but super-hero muscles are another level.

Also, forgot that there is a Wanda/Vision TV show coming, so Vision must be coming back. I mean, he is an android, there could be backups.

I did read an article about how both Hemsworth and Evans were really sick of the gym routine, and it was only ever something they did for roles, not because they're actual protein muffins.

I also read an article that speculated that Shuri was alllllllmost done getting the stone when the lab was breached, and probably does have backups.

I also liked Thorbowski, and the journey he went on, just didnt like him abandoning his responsibility at the very end.

He abandoned his responsibility five years before. And Valkyrie picked it right up. I thought it was fitting that he give it to her and get out of everyone's hair.

Apparently this link is an interview in Chinese in which they confirm Ned was dusted, and that's why he's still in high school. Something tells me a lot of Parker's friends from Homecoming will have been dusted and still in high school in Far From Home. Nice coincidence.

And ANOTHER article I read speculated that his whole friend group was dusted so they can still be his Scooby Gang for the movies. On the one hand, I'm so Spiderman-ed out from the Toby MacGuire and Andrew Garfield movies that I haven't actually watched the MCU version, how many times do I have to watch Uncle Ben die, seriously? But on the other, I can see this as an opportunity to add new characters, as the whole class as a unit couldn't have been dusted, right? So, the dusted kids would be in the same class as the kids who were in middle school during Infinity War.

I also liked Thorbowski, and the journey he went on, just didnt like him abandoning his responsibility at the very end.

He abandoned his responsibility five years before. And Valkyrie picked it right up. I thought it was fitting that he give it to her and get out of everyone's hair.

My point is he essentially learns nothing, his entire journey thru this film and all his appearances was for essentially nothing. He starts as a partying responsibility-less jackass and he just goes back to being a slightly less jerkass manchild who shirks responsibility to go play.

That he fell into despair after IW and wallowed in it thru Endgame was fine, he was hurt and that is understandable, its a regression through tragedy, it is basically his last hero test, but the final hero moment was realizing he was never meant to be Odin. Thor then took that to mean (well, the writers wrote that to mean) he could just be the Thor that Odin banished.

He could have, perhaps should have, partnered with Valkyrie (which doesnt mean a couple) to finally lead in a manner suitable to him. To take his own place not as a placeholder for Odin, see Ragnarok (psst: he even has the eye patch), but as Thor.

Thor is a good leader with an astounding moral compass, which is displayed throughout his arc as he grows and also by how he has a tremendous impact on Loki. Shirking his responsibility yet again might even spit on the deaths of his friends and family that fell throughout his arc, but it certainly feels as though it ignores every lesson he was setup to learn throughout his journey.

Saw it last night. Still thinking on it some. My audience was quiet so the parts where cheering or laughing happens usually was very muted. I think I was the only one that laughed out loud a few times. But a lot of people were super teary eyed in the theater.

For Thor, isn't he like 1000 years old? Maybe he just needed a vacation. Tony freaked out and had his issues too.

Best part was Captain America and the hammer for me last night.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this was brought up already, but didn't the movie sort of break its own time-travel rules by showing an aged Steve Rogers at the end? The movie established that meddling with the past doesn't change the present, meaning that Steve's and Peggy's history as we knew it before Endgame remains intact. So Steve's life with Peggy happened in an alternate reality, right? Shouldn't aged Steve exist in that reality instead of the prime one?

They've answered this in interviews. When Steve stayed with Peggy in the 40s, it created an alternate timeline. He was able to return using that time travel GPS thing Tony gave everyone at the beginning of the time heist. It's how everyone was able to return with the stones during the heist--Steve just waited decades before returning to his original timeline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching Endgame again this is almost becoming a game. Spot the continuity issues. I love the movie, but there are things that so stick out like a sore thumb.

Anyways.... Captain America gets in the elevator with Hydra. Cap greets Rumlow after he greets Cap. How long between the time Cap realizes he's in another time (end of The First Avenger and beginning of The Avengers) and the beginning events of The Avengers. Cap doesn't appear to be a member of Shield. Does he know Rumlow yet? Does he know Sitwell?

Its been a while sense I saw Doctor Strange, but wasn't the time stone used to protect our dimension from all these beings in some dark dimension? Even in Infinity Wars and Engame, Dr. Strange and his mentor brought this up, calling the time stone our greatest weapon against the darkness, hence why protecting the stone was such a big part of the sorcerer supreme's job description. But the time stone is gone now. Isn't that a problem? Everyone just seemed to forget all the doom and gloom talk about what would happen to our reality without the time stone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.