Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

109 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,500 posts

Behold, we have a name and a teaser trailer, just five months before the movie is out!

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,542 posts
Looks good.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
Looks like a Russo Marvel movie. I'll see it

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I hope it’s not the bloated mess that Infinity War was. And I hope they give us a resolution that’s not too predictable.
  • Iceheart and Justus +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,840 posts

Captain America Civil War remains my favorite (un)Avengers movie, but I liked Infinity War just fine.  But I agree with you in that I hope Endgame isn't predictable.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
The most unpredictable thing they could do is have everyone alive at the end.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,840 posts

The most unpredictable thing they could do is have everyone alive at the end.

That would be, because we've been told there are some forever deaths.  Hasn't it been confirmed Loki isn't coming back, for example?

I think more shocking, to me at least, is if major Avenger members like Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, or Captain America are killed off permanently ( I think Hulk is pretty safe).  I personally don't want that to happen.  If any of those guys are done making movies, I hope they get a Dark Knight Rises style character arc ending, instead.   I can kind of see that with Tony Stark.  Of those, I see Cap and Hawkeye in the most danger of being killed off.   Cap WAS killed off in the comics, and Hawk Eye (in the MCU) DID retire, and came out of retirement to help out, so not much else for him to do, if they end his character arc.  

One side note:  I am more excited about Endgame, than SW Episode 9, and I think the pay off will be a lot more satisfying, too.  Considering I am not the biggest Marvel fan (like it just fine, and MCU has largely been pretty awesome) that is something I thought I would never say.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,994 posts

It's weird with the MCU for me. The Captain America trilogy is great, the first Iron Man excellent, first Guardians I love. The rest of the solo movies I feel are just kinda ok with a few being below that. Having said that I haven't seen every single movie. As for the 3 "Avengers" movies I don't really like any of them. They aren't bad just too much going on maybe? I don't know. Still though taking all of these movies and characters and moving in one direction and having it come to a head is incredibly impressive and I am interested in seeing how it all plays out here. 

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,052 posts

My sweet purple arrow boy (who is starting to physically resemble Rainer Werner Fassbinder more and more these days) is going to use a purple arrow on the purple man to BRING BACK HIS FAMILY!!!!11!

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,652 posts
Actually it looks like he's using a sword... as Ronin.
  • Kyrian +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,052 posts

You're absolutely right!

I still think that my sweet purple arrow boy, my Hawkguy, is going to use a purple arrow on the purple man to bring back his family in the upcoming movie; but now that you've mentioned the word 'Ronin' I am just mad, full-on online Internet argument angry mad, at Mssr. Brian Michael Bendis for all that Ronin rigmarole1 in the first place.

1 Ronigmarole? Rigmaronin?

• Ms. Spam +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,754 posts

I would pay dearly for a movie that's just Thanos being brought to his knees by Hawkguy, Kate Bishop, and Pizza Dog, but that's just me.

• Tank, Jacen123 and Ms. Spam +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,052 posts

I project a 95% confidence interval if I walk into my local movie theatre and pay for my ticket that is EXACTLY WHAT I SHALL BE RECEIVING.

So, it's not just you!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts

The Russos are saying, just like Infinity War, there are fake shots in the trailers, intentionally to throw off fans. The trailers already barely give anything away--so I'm hoping that literally everything we've seen in the trailers are fake. It'd be incredible to go into this movie having not seen a single actual shot of the film beforehand.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,652 posts
I'll be a little bummed if everyone snapped out in IW doesn't come back to the very and and we really only get everyone at once for a couple minutes.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts

They've gotta stop releasing TV spots. I can't not watch them, and I'm trying hard to go in as spoiler free as possible. Normally I don't get bothered by spoilers and sometimes even seek them out, but decided against it for this one. I'm too hyped.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,073 posts
You should try being oblivious.

Justus

Justus

• 13,074 posts

They've gotta stop releasing TV spots. I can't not watch them, and I'm trying hard to go in as spoiler free as possible. Normally I don't get bothered by spoilers and sometimes even seek them out, but decided against it for this one. I'm too hyped.

I would not be too concerned with the TV spots or trailers. I recall just about everyone thinking the IW trailer where Cap was struggling with Thanos just meant Cap was going to die, but the opposite happened. Remember the trailer's fake out Hulk in Wakanda shot? That was the polar opposite of the film having Banner incapable of Hulking-out once he returned to earth. I think A4 will still be able to surprise audiences.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

Anyone else seen this? Minor spoiler: no end credit scene, so if your bladder is bursting after 3 hours of soda drinking go to the restroom and don't be like Tycho Brahe.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts

seeing it friday morning and thanks for the tip, I'm worried about my bladder in advance

out of this thread now, can't risk any more spoilers

• Darth Virul +1 this

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

Can the thread starter add "spoilers" in the title? I need to ask another one who has seen the movie about one character whom I didn't recognise from the past movies in an important scene.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,575 posts

DONE AND NOW I'M OUT LEAVE ME ALONE

• Darth Virul +1 this

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

Thank you. Hail Hydra.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,420 posts
Are we good to go with spoilers now?

I think the character youre referring to in that scene is someone from Iron Man 3.

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,675 posts

Managed to see this earlier today and really enjoyed it - quite a roller-coaster!!   Don't want to say too much more just yet until more have seen it, but the scene with the line quoted below was brilliant!!!   :yes:

Thank you. Hail Hydra.

Reply to this topic