Another tv show announced

The Choc

Guest El Chalupacabra

First thought that was I'm not really interested in following a TV series about a character I know the fate of, but it worked for Clone Wars and Better Call Saul so I'm down.

I'd be willing to give it a chance, and that pretty much sums up how I feel. It better have K2SO, or I am out. Rogue One is my favorite Disney-era Star Wars film so far, and the premise at least sounds interesting and has room for a cool story arc.

I wish Disney would take a chance and do something outside the time frame of Episode I - Episode IX.

I wish Disney would give us something fans actually asked for. Like, oh, I don't know, and OBI WAN movie before Ewan McGregor either loses interest or gets booked up and can't do it. Or a Boba Fett movie (which was cancelled). Though, theoretically, Boba could make an appearance in this, or the Mandolorian. If that happens, I will be pleased.

But still, where the hell is Disney on an Obi Wan movie? I think that would be the one thing that could satisfy OT fans, PT fans, AND ST fans.

I wish Disney would take a chance and do something outside the time frame of Episode I - Episode IX.

I assume they jave to keep the present/future clear for Ep9 and whatever may follow.

Funny that outside of the OT and ST, every other Star Wars show/film/video game is a prequel.

Guest El Chalupacabra

A full CG character on a TV budget? Are we there yet?

If it is a 10 to 13 episode season on a subscription-based streaming show backed by Disney that pretty much owns EVERYTHING now, we BETTER be. Really, the argument would be that there is no excuse not to have a CG character who is a robot, and has no facial expression.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'm just comparing the FX from Marvel shows to films and I'm not convinced. It's not a question of technology like it used to be, it's a wuestion of time and money.

Gotchya.

I personally wouldn't expect movie-level quality, just something on par with Star Trek Discovery or something similar. Not that I know anything about CGI production, but I would think a robot with no face shouldn't be too tough to do, if Game of Thrones can do dragons.

I assume they jave to keep the present/future clear for Ep9 and whatever may follow.

Funny that outside of the OT and ST, every other Star Wars show/film/video game is a prequel.

*ahem*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Caravan_of_Courage:_An_Ewok_Adventure

3 ABY

Also, who could forget this gem?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

1 ABY

:D

I was hoping to see something from Star Wars ancient history. Like maybe the origins of the Jedi or Sith.

This is definitely doing to add fuel to the fire for those worried about over-saturation of Star Wars.

That being said, I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll show us an adult take on the dirty tricks Andor quite clearly has used in service of the Rebellion (one of my favourite aspects of R1 was that they didn't try and kiddify the things someone like Andor would have to do to survive), rather than giving us a kid-friendly show, or a US-style peril-of-the-week cliffhanger-every-episode kind of thing. Something like the Night Manager series.

Since its on the Disney streaming service, we wont see a more adult take unfortunately, believe theyve already clarified its going to be pretty family centric content. Id say at most we would get content on par with Clone Wars when it was pushing some of the boundaries but even then, that was pre-Disney.

Agree it might add fuel to the fire but personally Ive dreamed of live action Star Wars TV since I was a teenager so Ill take it. Id be happy if we see less film output and more TV content similar to Trek back in the day.

And I knew you were going to ask that.

First of all, I have to ask: if we're talking about the EU, why only books? You know what comes to mind first for me? Video games, especially the PC games from the '90s.

Anyway, since Star Wars has at its core the films (on this I think you and I can both agree), the general public is naturally more inclined to view films and television shows, especially with interest in reading declining and video games being for a target audience. Films and TV are what is most easily accessible to all age groups, and I think LucasFilm and George Lucas himself understood this, reserving that spot for only the stories Lucas wanted to tell and leaving the rest to other mediums. I suppose there were other films and TV shows, if we count the Ewoks and Droids TV shows and made-for-TV movies, but again, those were for a specific audience, namely children.

The EU is fascinating in that it is gigantic and accessible to everyone, with something for everybody, yet it also keeps itself on a tight leash, reserving that sweet for for something that especially sacred, namely the saga of George Lucas.

Things are different now. The public is getting Star Wars fatigue. This never happened with the EU despite its size, scope, and accessibility.

Exactly. It's just like the superhero genre. For the most part, 95% of the market has been confined to comics books, a medium which, while huge and profitable, was confined to a certain market. We had superhero movies and shows here and there which certainly helped that market, but there was no over-saturation in visual media like there has been since the late 2000s.

Why do people care about that? If a show or movie or whatever comes out and you aren't interested, then don't see it. If you feel there is too much Star Wars, there is a simple solution. This seems like more of a question for Disney in terms of how to maximize their money. But why would a fan worry about that? Disney has plenty of money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.