Anybody Remember Clone Wars? (Not THE Clone Wars)

Zerimar Nyliram

Today, Genndy Tartakovsky's phenomenal micro-series Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered on Cartoon Network fifteen years ago. I cannot believe it has been that long. It sure doesn't feel like it.

I loved this show. I thought it was a masterpiece. Although Dave Filoni's series was a mixed bag for me, Tartakovsky never disappointed. If I am ever asked what someone should view in order to sample the Clone Wars era, I will point to this series every single time. And let's not forget that Tartakovsky was the only one who made Grievous seem menacing on screen.

I remember the show being well received here at Nightly, with many people saying that this was what the movies should have been. And now it's Legends. You liked Legends material. Admit it. :)

45672283_1374621249340877_76751331996341

Guest El Chalupacabra

I also loved this show. The animation was top notch. If only Grievous was portrayed in ROTS and the later TCW the same way as the animated Clone Wars. He was actually menacing. Loved the temple duel between Anakin and Ventriss. Dirge was pretty cool until he was reveled to be a ball of string. Also really liked Anakin's cave scene. Really, there were a lot of cool scenes, but another one that stands out was the republic commandos in the Banking clan city.

As to whether it is now Legends or not, in my head canon, it's still as canon as the cgi series. Maybe a few elements don't fit neatly, but for the most part, it does fit into the CGI series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.