Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anybody Remember Clone Wars? (Not THE Clone Wars)

11 replies to this topic

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,035 posts

Today, Genndy Tartakovsky's phenomenal micro-series Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered on Cartoon Network fifteen years ago. I cannot believe it has been that long. It sure doesn't feel like it.

I loved this show. I thought it was a masterpiece. Although Dave Filoni's series was a mixed bag for me, Tartakovsky never disappointed. If I am ever asked what someone should view in order to sample the Clone Wars era, I will point to this series every single time. And let's not forget that Tartakovsky was the only one who made Grievous seem menacing on screen.

I remember the show being well received here at Nightly, with many people saying that this was what the movies should have been. And now it's Legends. You liked Legends material. Admit it. :)

45672283_1374621249340877_76751331996341

• Dark Wader and Kyrian +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,015 posts
Is it legends? I thought it was continuity with the later series. Either way, yeah, this thing was amazing. Anakin’s cave-painting experience is once of the coolest things I have ever seen.
  • Jacen123 and Kyrian +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,209 posts

I also loved this show. The animation was top notch.  If only Grievous was portrayed in ROTS and the later TCW the same way as the animated Clone Wars. He was actually menacing.  Loved the temple duel between Anakin and Ventriss.  Dirge was pretty cool until he was reveled to be a ball of string. Also really liked Anakin's cave scene.  Really, there were a lot of cool scenes, but another one that stands out was the republic commandos in the Banking clan city.

As to whether it is now Legends or not, in my head canon, it's still as canon as the cgi series.  Maybe a few elements don't fit neatly, but for the most part, it does fit into the CGI series.

• Jacen123 +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• 20,212 posts

15 years?! I feel very old.

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,295 posts

Captain Fordo's stand at the Battle of Coruscant against waves of B1 and B2 battle droids? Very few battles from the TCW series match it.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,209 posts

Same with Mace Windu's battle on Dantoine.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,210 posts

15 years. 

*does math*

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be454db5a64426155

• Dark Wader and Iceheart +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,326 posts

Gets worse, Phantom Menace is 20 years old next year. And the Matrix. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,209 posts

And the ANH special edition is going to be 22 years in Feb.

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,131 posts
DuckTales is 31.
  • El Chalupacabra +1 this

Darth Wicket

Darth Wicket

• 17,374 posts

The Ewok Adventure will be 34 this month.

• Jacen123 and El Chalupacabra +1 this

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,295 posts

And the ANH special edition is going to be 22 years in Feb.

It was the SE releasing at the cinema that got me in to Star Wars when I was a kid. Weird to think that SW has been a big part of my life for a majority of it now at this point.

Reply to this topic