Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maybe fandom isn't all that toxic

5 replies to this topic

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,494 posts
Recent reports have shown Russian bots active in a lot of the Star Wars backlash, representing up to 51% of the backlash against Kelly Marie Tran. Sure, 49% is still a lot, but you also have to consider the racists and horrible people who will just jump on, or do things like leave negative reviews for a book they never intended to read because it has gay characters, I think that fandom is getting a bad rap.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,117 posts

I reckon Russians are getting a bad rep. 

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,494 posts
Did you even SEE Rocky IV?

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,281 posts
Do you even POST here!?

We invented toxic.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,117 posts

Did you even SEE Rocky IV?

Lol. Yeah man, it was hilarious. How simple the world was back then.

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
I think we have always been an Ouroboros, this self destructive behavior might just be more easily heightened in these modern times. To paint a super geeky image: we are the married couple that Egon is studying in Ghostbusters 2, the internet is the room we are in and the bots are the temperature.

Reply to this topic