Assumptions you made about the PT before seeing it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Anything that focused on Padme/3PO was awful. And Ziro the Hutt. I remember the Jar Jar episode being somewhat redeeming, but still not great. The rest was good or at least okay.

I couldn't figure out if it was intentional or not, but the character dynamics really reminded me of Batman.

Serious master Obi-Wan and impetuous young Anakin, Batgirl-esque Ahsoka and a rotating rogues gallery including a flirtatious catwoman Ventress (favourite character in the series). And the way Grievous always left clues in the form of riddles...

Guest El Chalupacabra

Agreed on the Padme/C3PO episodes, and Ziro. And the Jar Jar episode wasn't great, or even good. Just OKAY, and I didn't HATE it.

Never thought of the Batman TAS comparison, but now that you mention it, I see it now.

Ventress was okay on the show, but her character was much better in the Republic comics. Like her original appearance on Tartakovsky's micro-series, she struggles with fear and cowardice, which is a major hangup for her and prevents her from being an effective dark-sider.

You didn't see too much of that on Filoni's show. There we was petty much your typical "bad ass bitch."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.