I did not get my emergency text.

Ms. Spam

What?

America just launched a "Presidential Alert System" where the "President" can send text alerts to every cell phone in the country (more like the President authorizes its use). It's supposed to be used for national emergencies - war, catastrophic weather events, etc. Considering we already have NOAA weather alerts, and Amber Alerts for kidnappings, and clearly we have missile alerts, so I always just figured we already had something like this? But I guess not. Of course, everyone assumed Trump would use it the way he uses his twitter account.

Heyyyyyy you people who didn't get the alert, do you have iPhones? I was goofing around in my settings not long ago and noticed that you can turn off Amber Alerts... which I thought was illegal? But the option is there. Maybe yours is set to not receive mandatory alerts?

What?

America just launched a "Presidential Alert System" where the "President" can send text alerts to every cell phone in the country (more like the President authorizes its use). It's supposed to be used for national emergencies - war, catastrophic weather events, etc. Considering we already have NOAA weather alerts, and Amber Alerts for kidnappings, and clearly we have missile alerts, so I always just figured we already had something like this? But I guess not. Of course, everyone assumed Trump would use it the way he uses his twitter account.

Heyyyyyy you people who didn't get the alert, do you have iPhones? I was goofing around in my settings not long ago and noticed that you can turn off Amber Alerts... which I thought was illegal? But the option is there. Maybe yours is set to not receive mandatory alerts?

ahh I see. Gotta keep the people living under the shadow of fear I guess.

What?

ahh I see. Gotta keep the people living under the shadow of fear I guess.

There should, ideally, be very limited use for it. In the past, TV and radio could reach people quickly, but that's no longer the case. But most people have cell phones

There should, ideally, be very limited use for it. In the past, TV and radio could reach people quickly, but that's no longer the case. But most people have cell phones

And even then... I nearly missed 9/11 because I didn't have the tv on, my mom had to call me to tell me what was happening. People love to hate on everything this administration does, but this is pretty benign and will probably be legitimately useful if it ever does have to be used (hopefully not, of course).

Well, the sillies hating on this as a Trump admin thing just dont know it was a planned thing during the Obama admin, just wasnt ready until now.

Anyway, it is fun to lol about in regards to what could be tweeted. I did like the Clinton burn, but there are many that are good.

Also my wife didnt get an alert either. So... the system either still needs some work or hopefully not but maybe this is like a Thanos thing. :eek: For the religious geeks, a biblical blood on the doorway thing.

Also my wife didnt get an alert either. So... the system either still needs some work or hopefully not but maybe this is like a Thanos thing. :eek: For the religious geeks, a biblical blood on the doorway thing.

I sure hope not. My apocalypse preparedness plan is to die in the initial event and not have to deal with it. And I got the alert.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.